Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $8 billion of annual revenue and about 23,000 employees — including 9,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com.
Harris is searching for talented experienced Information Security Systems Engineering professionals to join the Harris Security Tier 2 Operations Engineering Team, these are Level 3 Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) positions. These positions may require weekend and after hours work to meet program requirements. Please refer to the job description provided below.
- Act as primary engineering support to Security Operations for the testing and evaluation of new Security products and services.
- Security operations engineering design, testing and implementation.
- SOA-based securityarchitecture evolutionary testing and operational support for NIST-certified networks and systems.
- Traffic Intelligence (pcap) system development and testing.
- Enterprise security gateway configuration and system performance testing.
- Web App Firewall (WAF) configuration and technical support.
- Global and Local Load Balancer configuration and technical support.
- Enterprise Firewall configuration and technical support.
- XML Gateway configuration and technical support.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) infrastructure capabilities evaluation and test support.
- Develop, maintain and publish technical documentation in accordance with Harris Systems Engineering processes.
- BS/BA (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 6 years related experience.
- Five or more years of experience in the Information Security field.
- Five or more years of experience in the networkengineering fields (Firewalls, Routers, Switches, VPN).
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating Systems (OS).
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of NIST and FISMA policies
- Understanding and operational experience with Traffic Intelligence architectures.
- Understanding of system logs and log analysis.
- Experience serving Government customers in a security environment a plus.
- Prior FAA/FTI program experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and document tasks.
- Ability to think outside the box and make informed decisions in an operational environment.
- Strong project engineeringexperience in security-related environments.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to assist and lead other teammates, and work well with multi-discipline teams.
Preferred Additional Certifications:
- Comp TIA Security+, or higher, certification.
- CCNA, or higher certification.