Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Information Systems Security Engineer – Senior Engineer
Perform the engineering of information security functions, address the security aspects associated with the engineering of non-security functions, and protect the integrity of intellectual property and otherwise sensitive data, information, technologies, and methods utilized as part of the end-to-end mission assurance effort.
What You’ll Do:
- Apply extensive technical expertise in support of the development of System Security Plans (SSP), and implement the program security plans, policies, and procedures necessary toensure compliance with all company and government requirements.
- Coordinate security-related activities with the lead Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE), Information System Owner (ISO), Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), Information System Security Manager (ISSM), and Common Control Provider (CCP).
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic system view while addressing stakeholder security risks and concerns regarding information integrity and assurance implementation through the application of Systems Engineering skills.
- Ensure the effectiveness and suitability of the security elements of the systems as an enabler to mission success.
- Ensure that relevant threat and vulnerability data is considered in support of information security decisions.
- Provide input to requirements, engineering, and risk trade space analyses to achieve a cost-effective security architectural design for protections that enable mission success.
- Conduct security risk management activities, including supporting the ICD 503 RiskManagement Framework (RMF), producing related security risk management information.
- Support the application of Automated Information Systems (AIS) requirements necessary for the protection of all classified information processed, stored, and/or transmitted, per the SSP.
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to customers, senior management and AIS managers relative to AIS security matters.
- Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members.
- Support the generation of cost estimates for proposals.
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team activities to meet delivery milestones.
- Manage company-wide technical and programmatic priorities in relation to customer technical and programmatic priorities.
- Work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degreemust be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.