Information Systems Project Mgr 3
: United States-California-PalmdaleUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesRelocation Assistance: No relocation assistance availableClearance Type: Secret
: 1st Shift
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services Project Management is an industry-leading provider of Project Management services for internal Northrop Grumman Corporation information technology, infrastructure, and software development projects.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Enterprise Services Project Management Organization responsible for all phases of projects from initiation through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of projects or sub-projects of larger programs. Is responsible for leading project teams of matrixed I.T. functional resources, strategic suppliers and customers / stakeholders. Apply PM skills to manage a variety of projects including I.T. facilities installation, network and/or computing infrastructure, system migrations, enterprise software deployments and software development. As required by the project, maintain compliance with Internal Audit, Information Security, and Supplier Management using the Northrop Grumman Integrated Engineering Process Guide (IEPG).
Oversee and manage the performance aspects of ongoing projects and serve as liaison between project management & planning, the project team, and line management. Manage and track status of projects, financial budgets, and EACs; manage schedules and prepare status reports; and ensure project business value delivery and stabilization goals are met. Assesses project risks and issues and develop mitigation plans and resolutions to meet executability, quality, and customer satisfaction goals and objectives. Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and problem solving with project managers, functional managers, and customers.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years with a Master’s degree
• Project Management experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Earned Value processes
• Active Secret DoD Clearance
• Experience handling multiple project assignments simultaneously with matrixed project staff resources
• Experience with process improvement
• Must be knowledgeable of financial and business management concepts required to attain project financial goals
• Experience briefing executives and creating presentations and communications to all levels
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
• Experience using Agile PM practices for managing projects