Varel Mining and Industrial manufactures and services application specific roller cone bits for the Mining and Construction industries. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: Directs and coordinates development, production, & support activities of Information technology department by performing the following duties personally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and coordinate IT team; including direct employees, consultants, and contractors.
- This team is responsible for the overall IT operations.
- Ensure infrastructure, enterprise apps, custom databases and desktop support are aligned together to effectively address business needs.
- Responsible for preparation and monitoring of the IT operational budget including Capex cost of new, modified, or upgraded systems.
- In-depth knowledge of networks, especially those used by the company.
- Problem solving and project management experience.
- Interpersonal skills and Team working skills.
- Provides forward-looking vision when designing solutions to maintain flexibility, good exception management and future integration opportunities.
- Reviews business requirements for multifunctional projects offering solutions to business needs and identifies operational inefficiencies, conflicting business practices and integration issues by suggesting alternative solutions.
- Provides day-to-day monitoring and troubleshooting of SAP/BW/BOBJ applications as well as all integrated connected external systems.
- Prepares proposals and solicits sales of systems analysis, programming, and computer services to outside firms.
- Manages large and small projects from start to finish, complying with project management best practices.
- Manages and guides the testing of business applications using appropriate methodologies and tools to improve quality, flexibility, and efficiency.
- Appoint and develop SAP super user network. Ensure periodic communication, leadership and development of this network to enable the proper level of support for SAP systems to the business.
- Arrange for periodic workshops to develop the skill base of the SAP Super-user network.
- Document system functions and processes and provide training to internal customers.
- Lead and develop direct reports and provide guidance to external consultants to ensure projects are completed on-time and efficiently.
- Contracts with management specialists, technical personnel, or vendors to solve problems and implement new functions as dictated by business needs.
- Confers with department heads involved with proposed projects to ensure continuous update of project progress.
- Prepares progress reports to inform management of project status and deviation from goals.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a HSE committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per company policies.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor Degree in MIS, Operations Management, or related field and ten years’ experience in Business Systems implementation, support and management. Knowledge of Manufacturing and APICS Certification is preferable.