Position Description: Primary support for end users on all technology or systems related issues at the local level. Plan, coordinate, and deploy information system technology at business unit and job site locations. Act as liaison between Information Services and the business for technology implementation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Independently troubleshoot and resolve end user issues in the areas of voice, data, applications, commercial software, workstation configuration and problem resolution.
- Resolve advanced technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems within business unit.
- Manage equipment vendors, supplying computers and services necessary for the operation of the business unit.
- Manage and advise on end user hardware and software requests and identify appropriate options based on software or system functional specifications.
- Provide complete recovery from disaster or failure of equipment identified during daily system backups of the local server and other mission critical business unit infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date documentation of the local technology infrastructure.
- Enforce Turner's information services policies, procedures, and standards relating to infrastructure systems, components, applications and services.
- Manage and control the allocation of mobile device equipment.
- Initiate and implement projects following Turner IS methodology for Change Management including scope, schedule and budget.
- Document and resolve escalated end user issues; provide continuous updates on the status of resolution efforts.
- Provide information services briefings during management meetings.
- Train end users on Turner standard software tools.
- Manage inventories of software, versions and applications of desktop computers. Control additions, deletions and changes in equipment assigned to the unit.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in information services, computer science, operations, management, or a related field and minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, where both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated, or an equivalent combination of education, experience and appropriate certifications such as A+, Network+, MCP or MCSE.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Windows Server administration, active directory and DNS.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN computer environments and concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of PC and peripheral support.
- Experience supporting multiple desktop and laptop technologies
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills in a professional and effective manner.
- Expertise using and supporting:
- All versions of Windows.
- Client server operations, security, networking topology, business recovery and their interrelationships.
- All versions of Microsoft Office installation and support
- Malware/spyware/anti-virus software
- Multi-function Printer and Scanners
- Android and iPhone
- Windows wireless technology
- Microsoft Service Center or equivalent ticket management system experience
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) reports/ software automation
- Demonstrated ability to apply lean principles and concepts
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position travels regularly by motor vehicle, and occasionally by train /air.