At Synchronoss We Transform & Digitize Telecommunications, Media & Technology (TMT) Companies.
We know the TMT space. Our platforms, products, people, and partners help Telecommunications, Media, and Technology companies shift their digital business into high gear. We are helping companies create digital customer journeys that reduce cost, improve consumer satisfaction, and create new revenue.
The Corporate IT Engineer installs, configures, supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems pertaining to the Corporate IT infrastructure. Responsible for administering of the Active Directory infrastructure platform; implementing and maintaining/supporting a highly scalable Active Directory platform. He/she recommends, and schedules repairs and provides end users support for all Corporate IT applications used by the Synchronoss employees and consultants. The candidate installs and configures workstations/servers and has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Experience managing projects and small teams coordinating work priorities and mentoring other team members.
How you will help:
- Expert level knowledge in Microsoft Active Directory Services (DCs, DNS and DHCP)
- Expert level knowledge in O365 (Email, OneDrive, SharePoint and other O365 components)
- Expert level knowledge in Exchange on prem and/or hybrid environments
- Scripting experience using PowerShell
- Experience with SSO implementations i.e. SAML, ws-fed
- Hands on experience in System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience with Active Directory hybrid environment
- Experience with Windows Intune as MDM
- Experience with Antivirus management (McAfee is a plus)
- Experience using VMWare ESX enterprise virtualization platform.
- Must have knowledge of server hardware and operating systems
- Must have knowledge of network connectivity e. TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of server technologies – i.e. Windows 2012 and 2016
- Knowledge of compliance initiatives i.e. SOX, SAS70, PCI and ITIL
Who we have in mind:
- Configures all servers and workstation hardware according to organization's standards
- Maintains and manages Office365 Platform – including all critical technologies such as email, SharePoint, OneDrive.
- Strong knowledge of SCCM including setup, managing and maintenance of a Global Infrastructure.
- Installs upgrades and configures network printing, directory structures, rights, software and files services
- Group Policy Administration including troubleshooting and management - creation and testing of new policies.
- Provides World Class Customer Service to the Synchronoss work force
- Manage IT technical initiatives and coordinate work priorities.
- Mentor other IT team members and provide guidance as necessary.
- Provide strategic guidance and forward-looking solutions with respect toCorporate IT owned systems and services.
- Provides 24x7 production support to the enterprise via on call rotation
- Processes requests from internal ticketing systems
- Provides support for compliance initiatives i.e. SOX, SAS70, PCI and ITIL
- Ensures project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately
- Prepares and maintains documentation of application and hardware configurations
- Assigns, documents, and maintains computer logins, certificates, passwords, and access profiles for software applications, network access, and telecommunications systems
- Reviews, writes, documents and tests server and pc hardening policies according to Synchronoss Global Security team's guidelines.
- Diagnoses and repairs servers within both virtual and physical environments
- Installs security identification and apparatus to computer hardware and peripherals
- Assists in troubleshooting servers\desktops within the v-S
- Identifies potential security issues and recommended strategy to ensure site security
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for hardware and software
- Responds to needs and questions of users concerning their access of network resources.
- Reviews reports, files, and messages to identify instances of possible security infractions
- Tests computer systems to evaluate effectiveness of security
- Responds to inquiries regarding data and computer security, policies, and procedures
- Assists in the planning, communication, testing, and implementation ofdisaster recovery procedures
- Participate in security and application troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams, including storage, messaging, networking and servers
- User account and Security/Distribution group management
It would be great if you had:
- Provides mentoring and training to other staff members
- Writes process and procedural documentation including requirements
- Researches and evaluates new technologies
- Makes self available to other staff members as a source of information
- Develops and coordinates knowledge transfer
- Interacts with business units to gather, define, and organize delivery ofbusiness solution
- Works under limited supervision
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform thefunctions of the job
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Requires a very high level of technical skill in field of expertise
- Typically requires 3 to 4 years of related experience
- Preferred certification in Microsoft technologies
- Preferred certification McAfee technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to exchange information with all levels of internal and external customers
- Sets priorities, based on workload, using past experiences as a guide line
- Must have good collaboration skills
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Flex Time PTO