We are looking for experienced Information Systems Engineer for our Banking Technology team.
Our vision is to utilize best practices to transform Production Support into a highly agile organization that provides superior customer service, seizes growth opportunities and reacts to the demands of business. Production Support is a key function within Banking technology. What you are good at
What you have
- Have a passion for problem solving and the ability to quickly learn new concepts. This position is a technical role as well as a data analysis resource for Banking Technology Operations Production Support.
- Possess demonstrated skills in a multi-tiered, multi-OS environment supporting highly available, high transaction volume applications.
- Strong data analysis skills, including experience with tools for tracking and data visualization.
- Able to interact with all levels of technical and managerial staff and will have proven leadership abilities and display excellent skills in understanding problem determination, data analysis and reporting.
- Able to succeed in high stress and challenging environment while building strong relationships with technical and business support groups.
- Facilitate projects, recommend/contribute in technology solutions, and understand the end to end operational methodology of Schwab Banking Technology systems. Able to translate ambiguous direction into a tangible deliverable and action plan.
- Building skills in co-workers through cross-training and mentoring, taking every interaction as an opportunity to learn or teach.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve business and service impacting problems while evaluating all alternatives and consulting with other senior technical leaders of the organization is required.
- Experience in Financial Services Industry is preferred.
- 5+ years progressive experience supporting highly available, mission critical environments
- Expert knowledge of Windows and UNIX architecture design principles
- Preferred experience with Cloud environments Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Desired experience with SharePoint configuration and setup for data analysis and reporting
- Experience in managing batch processing using enterprise scheduling tools (ESP or Control-M)
- Clustering Services / High availability systems, Security and system hardening, Thin-client technologies, Terminal Services, Citrix Metaframe, Antivirus programs, Spam Filters, and Web monitoring
- Linux, UNIX, Windows, REDHAT
- Strong MS Office skills for reporting and data collection
- An ability to translate technical projects into an Executive Level Powerpoint presentation
- Knowledge of object oriented languages such as Java
- Ability to tell a technical story using PowerPoint and / or Visio
- Internet and hardware technologies such as load balancers, firewalls, clustering, encryption devices or accelerators
- Demonstrated ability to understand multiple technologies and how they inter-relate and integrate
- In-depth support knowledge of one or more of Charles Schwab's custom business and customer facing application channels is preferred but not essential
- Outstanding written and verbal communications