- Provide guidance to Operations staff and ensure system alerts are handled properly
- Perform research, testing, coordination, installation, and validation of LINUX patching
- Perform server builds, upgrades, and documentation of server infrastructure
- Troubleshoot functionality and performance issues with LINUX, Windows, Mitchell or 3rd-party software solutions
- Consistently follow process, focus on quality, and attention to detail,
- Participate in pre-scheduled off-hours data center maintenance activities and occasional off-hours escalations
- Work seamlessly with other system administrators onshore/offshore and perform misc. tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent professional experience.
- Must have experience with LINUX (RHEL) Server administration
- Must have at least 4+ years of relevant expereince
- Must have experience with system administration in a virtualized environment (VMWare)
- Experience with Windows Server administration preferred
- Experience with JEE/JBoss/AIX preferred, not required
- Experience with scripting
- Ability to work independently, yet also possess the ability to exchange constructive criticism and work as a highly collaborative team member
- Must possess proficient verbal and written communication skills including grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.