Give hope. Give health. Make your mark in the fight against cancer.
At Accuray, we make a direct and powerful impact on the lives of cancer patients every day — helping them live longer, better lives. But our commitment to innovation offers a truly unique opportunity: the chance to change the fight against cancer — helping to develop, introduce and support new treatment delivery systems and software that will give new hope and new health to cancer patients and cancer survivors around the world.
OUR VISION AND MISSION is to work passionately to create a future without the fear, pain or human suffering of cancer. We pursue this by developing precise, innovative tumor treatment solutions that empower clinicians and help cancer patients live longer, better lives.
Accuray develops, manufactures and sells radiotherapy systems that make cancer treatments shorter, safer, personalized and more effective, ultimately enabling patients to live longer, better lives. Our radiation treatment delivery systems in combination with fully-integrated software solutions set the industry standard for precision and cover the full range of radiation therapy and radiosurgery procedures.
Information Systems Engineer
The Information Systems / Product Integration Engineer is responsible for the definition, documentation, maintenance, and upgrading of the computer hardware, networking equipment, and software environment used in the TomoTherapy and CyberKnife product lines. Will specifically be responsible for the installation of Windows 7, 10, and Server OS's on workstations and back end servers, along with associated imaging duties. This includes being responsible for overall product integration and conformance to the applicable safety and regulatory requirements. This position reports to the Product Integration Engineering Manager.
- Understands customer and engineering requirements for product computer components, including; machine control computers, servers, HPC (high performance computing), workstations, network devices, security devices, and rack hardware.
- Understands customer needs for product peripherals, and works with Manufacturing and Customer Support in the selection and sourcing of these peripherals.
- Understands security concerns regarding Accuray products. Develops, documents and maintains Accuray’s product security solutions, including security policy and firewall configuration.
- Leads the development and configuration of the computer hardware and operating system environments used in Accuray products.
- Addresses obsolescence issues related to the product computer environment as needed.
- Creates, and maintains software installation instructions for operating systems, third-party software, and Accuray software on all computer systems used in the product.
- Works with technical documentation staff in creating upgrade work instructions, user manuals, maintenance procedures for service, and works with Manufacturing to create manufacturing installation instructions.
- Acts as an escalation point on product integration issues arising as a result of customer support actions, and provides support on the resolution of those issues. This potentially includes being on a rotating ‘on-call’ schedule, and fielding technical questions from Customer Support when necessary.
- Participates in the installation/upgrade process, on-site and in-house training activities, and the manufacturing process, as necessary.
Safety and Quality
- Ensures safety and quality considerations and requirements are pro-actively addressed and implemented in product design.
- Address and manage in a timely fashion safety and quality issues raised by customers or staff.
- Supports the Accuray Quality System and Safety and Health Program by following procedures and mentoring others.
- Knowledge of Linux operating systems a plus.
- Windows or Linux Operating System imaging experience is desired (ie: MSFT MDT/SCCM).
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills desired.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated environment is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills desired.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move physical inventory weighting up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is sometimes required to climb ladders, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required during the installation and testing of Accuray equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field, or 3+ years equivalent experience desired.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system family.
- Excellent computer skills, including the use of product integration tools, scripting languages (ie: PowerShell), networking systems and utilities, etc.
At Accuray Our commitment to patient-first outcomes drives an inclusive and collaborative work environment where the best ideas rise to the top — and everyone works to push them further. We value diversity in both the professional and personal backgrounds of our employees, as this variety adds rich energy to every team, every project and every work day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.