WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today! Great Place To Work-Certified.
General Purpose:Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting company business processes and operations. Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports multiple monitoring applications across the organization. Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems to be solved with automated systems. At higher job levels, may contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set. ***May be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:Participate in yearly PCI auditResolve escalated technical issues in ticketing systemEstablish and implement system policies, procedures and standardsResearch, recommend and install new network software.Complete projects and other duties as assignedTrain off-hours staff for duties that can be performed during non-business hours.Project lead on technology changesParticipate in the on-call support rotation.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Consideration
- Degree (Engineering or Computer Science a plus) with 4-7 years systems engineering experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience administering application and infrastructure monitoring.
- In depth knowledge of monitoring infrastructures for which he/she is accountable; working knowledge of other system components and how they interact.
- Ability to program in an administrative language in order to automate manual processes.
- Working knowledge of highly available, secure monitoring infrastructures.
- Working knowledge of ITIL process and supporting procedures.
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting experience
- PowerShell and automation methodologies
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work tasks for maximum efficiency.
- A “can do” attitude and works well in a team environment.
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate on-call responsibilities.
- Project Management Skills
- Ability to document clear/precise instructions for procedures or processes
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Successfully pass a background investigation
- BS/BA degree (Engineering or Computer Science a plus) with 4-7 years systems engineering experience; Masters' degree a plus.
- Experience with virtualization and virtualized environments
- Experience with AWS and cloud services.
- Experience with Cherwell ITSM platform
- Strong working knowledge of application and system design and implementations.
- Experience monitoring server and application performance and availability utilizing CA UIM, CloudWatch, Datadog, AppDynamics.
- Working knowledge of LDAP and AD.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintain FTP, SFTP, TLS services.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management.
- Ability to solve problems quickly in order to get systems back online for customers; ability to perform root cause analysis and develop solutions to prevent problems from recurring.