Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of business, customer and product requirements into flexible technical solutions which support current and future needs.
- Develop, document, make recommendations and communicate plans for investing in technology infrastructure, including analysis for cost reduction opportunities.
- Develop and document in-depth knowledge of assigned domain architecture, infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Understand and leverage knowledge of the company’s strategic business plans.
- Participate in formulation and execution of cloud migration strategy for moving on-prem systems to the AWS cloud.
- Participates in product roadmap planning. Provides technical input and t-shirt sizing to assist the Product owners in prioritizing roadmap features.
- Helps identify and define application and service architectures.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with internal and external customers and development teams to clarify business, operational and/or technical requirements.
- Defines in written documents non-functional requirements (availability, interoperability, portability, manageability, scalability, maintainability, security, monitoring, SLAs, KPIs, regulatory and legal compliance) based on business vision, best practices and architectural direction.
- Balances a variety of competing goals in a design, including project time, scope and budget constraints, system performance and loose coupling.
Research and Best Practices
- Keeps up on industry trends and current technology standards and best practices.
- Assists in evangelizing adoption of new standards, techniques, products and methodologies.
- Assists with socializing architecture principles.
- Drives adoption of identified design patterns, standards, principles and best practices throughout the development organization.
- Serves as a technical advisor on technology projects.
- Maintain ongoing communications with project teams, verifying that what was designed was built and adjusting the solution architecture as appropriate throughout the project.
- Works closely with application architects and leads to guide the technical implementation of shared artifacts, business logic, data, security and infrastructure.
- Balances long-term strategy and short-term goals.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior members of the technical team.
- Provide guidance in trouble shooting sessions
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles, and balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Strong ownership, communication and leadership skills. Ability to present and explain technical designs and business requirements to other team members.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent experience
- Eight to ten years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidate must have extensive hands-on development experience using Java based technologies and Single Page Applications technologies such as Angular or React. Experience with Spring projects such as Spring Boot, Spring Integration, Spring Batch, etc.
- Candidate must have experience in building highly scalable applications in Amazon AWS .
- Candidate must have experience with building scalable, decoupled event driven systems.
- Candidate must be able to accommodate occasional travel for project initiatives.