Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Less than 5 years experience • Aerospace / Defense
RMC is hiring an Information System Security Officer to support our customer in Lexington Park, MD.
The selected applicant will provide technical support involving evaluation, integration, fielding, maintenance, testing and operation of CEAT networks, systems and subsystems.
The selected applicant will also be responsible for:
- Assisting with the development of system IA documentation to support certification of compliance to applicable standards including DIACAP, RMF and DCID 6/9
- Ensuring the uninterrupted delivery of information technology systems
- Maintaining and supporting current and ongoing Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages
- Implementing and supporting cybersecurity standards to include NIST and Risk Management Framework (RMF) C&A Standards
- Working with systems owners, government managers, and other stakeholders to manage cybersecurity requirements
- Performing regular systems security scans, and maintaining records of such scans, as required by C&A guidelines.
- Responding to Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) as necessary to address systems vulnerabilities
- Reviewing systems securityutilization logs per cybersecurity standards
- Reviewing and evaluating information technology software, hardware and networks and the overall cybersecurity posture of information technology systems
- Recommendations for security improvements based on advances in industry or in response to threat intelligence.
Four (4) years of relevant experience is required in system administration of LAN/WAN systems, networksecurity, systems maintenance and systems monitoring/reporting. The selected applicant must have DoD 8570/DoN 5239 IAT Level II certification. The ability to work independently and as part of a team in providing tier 1 – tier 3 support to niche Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) end users is required.
Security Clearance: An active DoD secret clearance is required to start. A Top Secret will be required. Applicant selected may be subject to a securityinvestigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.