As an Information System Security Engineer you will:
- Be responsible for supporting the IA and Accreditation tasks for all classified program networks and will participate in the IA activities for compliance with DoD IA requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the current DoD and IC information management/information technology (IM/IT) guidance and is responsible for information assurance, security compliance, detection, response, and recovery; and Certification and Accreditation (CA) of all systems.
- Protect and sustain the information assurance requirements for system and information availability, access control, integrity, confidentiality and non-repudiation for these environments. This includes, specifically, performing analysis, identifying and implementing protection solutions, and preparing and maintaining engineering and security related documentation.
- Perform vulnerability assessments, implementation of security controls in networking devices, databases, operating systems, hardware and software components, administer and managed IA Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA), and security POAMs
- Perform analysis on any special compartments including verification of any special handling requirements, identifying systems processing sensitive but unclassified information requiring additional security controls, and by identifying the type of information processed (Privacy Act, financial, critical operational, proprietary, and administrative).
- Perform additional tasking including hands on staff work such as the preparation of papers; status reports; technical reviews/reports and presentations; and the use of applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project.
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of an Information System Security Engineer:
- Bring a deep technical understanding (hands-on) experience with Linux Operating systems and understand, apply and execute IA cybersecurity policies and tasks (e.g., review SSPs, and addenda, conduct audits of operational systems by reviewing logs, etc.)
- Apply analytical skills and perspective to advise and assist government ISSM and AMERICAN SYSTEMS colleagues with defining and implementing IA and information system security requirements
- Assess and implement the IA and cyber security posture of a particular system and the enclave which it resides is compliant with RMF and NIST 800-53 technical controls and develop / maintain associated certification and accreditation documentation
- Perform security systems engineering for various computer hardware and software operating system and application solutions in both stand-alone and LAN / WAN configurations
- Manage security features to mitigate vulnerabilities of various operating systems as defined by NIST, DISA (STIGs), and USCYBERCOM. Perform network and system security administration including operating system security configuration and account management best practices for Windows, Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Red Hat Linux, Oracle, and Cisco systems.
- Perform vulnerability testing and mitigation using tools to include HBSS, ACAS, and SCCM
- Establish and maintain effective relationships across a broad spectrum of skills and disciplines: advocate as a liaison to ensure that IA and cybersecurity perspectives and requirements are engineered into information technology solutions upfront at the beginning of a task or project
- Our client is a highly classified program supporting national security initiatives. Effectiveness and efficiency in providing highly resilient and available technical solutions that have the necessary safeguards to protect national assets is imperative. This position is instrumental in assuring those safeguards are applied and compliance is achieved.