Description: Job Title: Information System Security Engineer 3Job Code:
is actively seeking for an Information System Security Engineer (ISSE)
for our facility located in Waco, TX
for an exempt direct hire opportunity. We do offer competitive wages with benefits and offer a generous relocation package.Job Description:
Perform as part of a team and identify the information protection needs for systems and networks, review and assist design engineers in overarching system design
with a focus on Information Assurance, and interact with customers and accreditation officials to define and achieve required Information Assurance objectives.
The ISSE Systems Engineer
is expected to:
- Ensure delivered information systems meet security standards in accordance with ICD 503, Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Develop Risk Assessment Reports (RAR), System Security Plans (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), and other applicable documents needed to obtain an Authorization to Operate (ATO) for fielded systems.
- Support steps one through six of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) Security Life Cycle, ensuring information assurance is included in the design architecture.
- Document security controls/requirements for inclusion in the system requirements specifications.
- Individual responsibilities include identifying the information protection needs for systems and networks, review and assist design engineers in overarching system design with a focus on Information Assurance, and interact with customers and accreditation officials to define and achieve required Information Assurance objectives.
- They also maintain awareness of the most recent system security policies and directives, and assist Systems Engineers and Cybersecurity Engineers with the analysis of user and system requirements and constraints.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Software, Physics, etc.) and a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience.
- ISSE Systems engineering candidates with experience in one or more of the following is preferred:
- Candidate should hold current Security+ certification or CISSP, or be able to achieve certification within 6 months of hire.
- Security Engineering with accreditation experience desired.
- Familiarity with ICD 503, Risk Management Framework desired.
- Analyzing system specifications and translating to system requirements.
- Well versed in NIST 800-53 standards desired.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level which requires U.S. citizenship.