Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud consulting organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. Our corporate security team is at the heart of ensuring we deliver our analytics solutions to our customer’s analytic ecosystem wherever they deploy our technology (on premises, managed cloud or public cloud). We are actively driving toward next generation service capabilities building on our already best in class services and consultants. We are helping customers determine how to maximize the opportunities enabled by cloud and how to successfully navigate towards the cloud mandates that many of our large, global customers have in place.
The Principle of Information Security Threat management will have global responsibility to leverage broad technical knowledge of the securitythreat analysis and experience in managing the threat levels and countermeasures for Teradata. This is a global role with overall responsibility for Teradata threat management for all business units.
The ideal candidate will have experience and proven track record of analyzing the threat organizations are facing, performing threat mapping for the critical assets, and developing a mitigation plan for the primary threats. As a key member of the security team flexibility and broad knowledge of securityprocesses, along with strong communication and collaboration skills will result in a successful candidate.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Direct hands-on expertise in the following areas of information security:
- Identify Primary Cyber Threats to Corporation
- Map Capabilities for Each Step of Kill Chain
- Document and Maintain Threat Maps
- Integrate Threat Maps into Information Risk Management
- Coordinate and assist managing new and current threats with Security Operations
- Determine Requirements for Threat Analytics Information
- Implement and Monitor Threat Analytics Information
- Correlate Threats to Vulnerabilities
- Establish & Maintain Risk Based Criteria for Identified Threats
- Implement Threat Analytics Processes
- Identify primary strategies to managing vulnerabilities across Teradata systems
- Establish and document requirements for vulnerability management
- Assist in install and operations of technology base
- Monitor and provide metrics on threat level of vulnerabilities
- Requires the ability to travelinternational and the ability to work in a 24x7 operations environment.
- BS degree in related field preferred. Equivalent experience/certification acceptable.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in information security roles
- 2+ years doing threat analysis and analytics
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CEH, PMP, GCIH, GSEC
- IT security industry trends and direction
- Information securityaudits
- Network and internet security
- Emerging technologies
- IT standards, procedures, policy
- Information security management
- Information security technologies
- Information securityarchitecture
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective - formal reports and/or presentations