The Albertsons-Safeway Information Security Governance group has a need for a Technical Project / Program Manager. This role will primarily be responsible for programs and projects that support the needs of Information Security and IT Risk Management across the company. The Information Security Governance team reports to the Chief Information Officer (CISO) and is entrusted with managing risks, and protecting information. The Project Manager role plans, manages and tracks the required work and budget for the execution of projects to support InfoSec initiatives. This individual will also be responsible for managing the various programs and will work closely with Information Security Executives and various individuals in IT and Business areas.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for planning and execution of strategic projects and programs.
- Assume accountability for the development and delivery of Technical Project Management needed to support Information Security solutions and projects.
- Work closely with the larger Project Management Organization (PMO) to meet established requirements and initiatives.
- Foster a strong work environment that rewards individual and team efforts; encourages creativity while maintaining high caliber productivity and quality.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and programs at any given time
- Ability to do project planning, program evaluation, budget estimation and management, resource planning and assessment, financial planning and risk assessment.
- Adoption of existing Project / Program Management best practices, including the proficient use of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies.
- Well-organized, detail oriented, has great communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Performs the role as the owner of the financial position of all managed projects.
- Ensuring that applicable regulatory directives are complied with e.g. PCI, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and current privacy legislation.
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively within a matrix, 'virtual' environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with external vendors.
- Requires approximately 10% travel depending upon project specifics and business locations.
- 4-year degree (Information Security, Risk Management, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- 5+ years' experience in the role of Technical Project / Program Manager with experience and understanding of enterprise infrastructure capabilities.
- Experience to include one or more of the following: Information Security, Application Development, Agile methodologies
- Working knowledge in Project planning particularly with Microsoft Project software and PMO governance systems.
- Must possess superior problem-solving skills, be action-oriented and decisive.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure to balance competing priorities in meeting business deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts, ideas and strategies to senior leadership and end-users.
- Creativity, drive, high energy level, initiative and the ability to self-manage.
- PMP Certification highly preferred.
- Experience with GRC platforms such as RSA Archer a plus.
- Previous experience with medium to large projects in Enterprise Infrastructure will be considered an asset.