Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 100 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has approximately $6 billion of annual revenue and about 17,000 employees — including 7,700 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at harris.com.
Information Security Systems Engineer, responsible for architecture development, design, implementation and operational processes for an enterprise serving Government and commercial telecommunications WAN domains. Formulates and implements strategies that drive information security system designs for mission critical systems. Specific duties will include:
- Develop strategic evolutions of security capabilities and architectures, including IDS, Web App, SIEM, Firewall configuration, deployment, and maintenance.
- Provide strategies and establish processes to assist programs in establishing certification and accreditation necessary to operate network systems.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain strategic relationships with key existing and prospective customers and suppliers to strengthen competitive positions and strategies for security capabilities.
- Interact externally as a consultant to customers.
- Deployment, implementation and strategy of tools and related NetworkSecurity Management Systems.
- Provide regular status reporting of security strategic projects to senior management and customers.
- Responsible for process definition and assurance for networksecurity functions, ensuring configuration documents for deployed security solutions remain current and complete.
- Responsible for senior level incident investigation and remediation to address customer and executive level actions.
- Provide securityarchitecture strategies and approaches to business area capture and pursuit teams seeking to broaden market opportunities and share within the network enterprise.
- BS/BA (or equivalent) in Information Security, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and minimum ten (10) total years related experience, with specific experience in the following targeted areas:
- 5+ years of experience executing configuration control processes within a securityengineering discipline;
- 5+ years of experience managing a complex securityarchitecture consisting of multiple trust levels;
- 5+ years of experience provisioning and operation of Securitynetworking equipment, including IDS, Antivirus, AAA, Firewall, Security Gateway, VPN appliances, and SIEM architectures; and
- 5+ years of Project engineeringexperience or recent experience in a lead security engineer capacity for network design projects.
- Current with federal government security standards including NIST SP800-53, NIST SP800-160, FISMA, FIPS Pub 140-2, and others.
- Experience with networks using concepts/protocols such as BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, MPLS VPNs and emerging concepts such as Software Defined Networking (SDN).
- Experience with LAN and datacenter technologies such as Ethernet, Spanning Tree Protocol, and Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) concepts.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance.
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- CISSP certification is strongly desired.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal, and presentation skills as well as strong ability to lead and mentor teammates.
- Strong team and career leadership abilities desired.
- Experience in leading networksecurity projects in the Government sector is strongly desired.
- Ability to make decisions quickly as well as demonstrating sound judgment in balancing risk with business needs to offer customers and management optimal security solutions.
- Published articles or experience presenting topics in the field of information security.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Familiarity with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Airspace System (NAS) and Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Air Traffic Management (ATM).