Function as an ISSE on Federal Government programs responsible for the following:
- Support all aspects of cybersecurity for systems maintained on site and at customer locations.
- Develop requiredsecurity accreditation documentation under the Federal Risk Management Framework (RMF) as required for assigned systems (National Institute for Standards and Technology, Department of Defense, Special Access Programs).
- Support security assessment activities needed to obtain and/or maintain the Approval to Operate (ATO) security authorization for assigned systems.
- Recommend and implement measures to maintain compliance with Federal cybersecurity policies.
- Identify securityrisks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives (hardware, software, cross-domain solutions, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus systems and software deployment tools).
- Validate and test securityarchitecture and design solutions to produce detailed engineering specifications.
- Assess the impact on the business unit/customer caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and reports to senior management.
- Active TS/SCI clearance is required.
- 3+ years with BS/BA (Bachelors) or equivalent.
- DoDI 8570 IAT or IAM Level 2 compliant professional certification (i.e. CISSP, CISM, Security + CE, or SSCP).
- Experience with security assessment and authorization activities required for Federal information systems.
- Experience with system architectures, operating systems, network components, software assurance and databases.
- Experience with configuring, hardening and vulnerability assessment.
- Experience with securityaudit log review.
- Experience using security tools such as Nessus/ACAS, STIGs, McAfee, Tripwire, among others.
- Possess advanced level analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate technical terms/concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule based on customer needs and priorities.