NJVC is seeking an Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) to support a large IT contract at its customer location in Springfield, VA. This ISSE role is part of a larger team of ISSEs under the contract’s security team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the accreditation of the assigned Security Plans to the ICD 503 RMF requirements.
- Ensure the architecture and design of DoD information systems are functional and secure.
- Provide security subject matter expertise at all engineering, change, configuration control, and other meetings.
- Participate in risk assessment during the certification and accreditation process.
- Provide assessment and authorization (A&A) services in accordance with ICD 503 Risk Management Framework. To include:
- Collect and review of ACAS scans, including Document and recommend mitigation actions.
- Collect and review of STIG scans, including document and recommend mitigation actions.
- Address identified and relevant controls from the IA Requirement Catalog (IRAC).
- Prepare Test Plan to address identified controls.
- Familiar with XACTA 360 and the accreditation process flow within. Know where and when to update.
- Create tags, look up equipment, apply tags and export reports with HBSS.
- Use Tenable Security Center to retrieve reports from the Nessus Manager.
- Support A&A compliance with information assurance policies standards and guidelines, security risk assessments, and continuous monitoring and planning.
- Develop and maintain security documentation per NGA/IC/DoD/Industry standards and policies.
- Coordinate all A&A initiation and renewal activities working with the NGA Designated Authorization Official (DAO or DAOR).
- Perform decommission activities as required for assets and Security Plans.
- Address any Information Assurance or Cybersecurity notices, orders, taskings, or directives as required, following the NGA operations vulnerability and patch management process.
- Attend and participate in weekly vulnerability and risk management meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years relevant experience OR
- Associate degree and 10+ years relevant experience OR
- 12+ years relevant experience
- Experience with risk management framework for ICD-503
- DoD 8570 certification required; minimum certification is Security+ CE.
- Experience with the following systems/platforms/tools: XACTA (required); XACTA 360 (preferred); HBSS; ACAS; Nessus
- TS/SCI required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Desired certifications: CISSP, CASP; ITIL Ability to obtain CI Poly Clearance
- Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including excellent Word and Excel skills.
- Ability to work in a home office setting.
- Ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor.
- Customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to travel 0-20% to local area sites as well as other locations with similar architecture/footprint.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.