Information Security System Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Junior Level ISSE, under the guidance of a Senior Level ISSE, will work to develop authorization packages, including System Categorization Statements,Network Diagrams, Data Flows, Ports, Protocols and Services Management (PPSM), External Connections, SystemRisk Assessments and SystemSecurity Plans, supporting documentation and Memorandum for the Record based on DON “use case” requirements. In addition, the Junior Level ISSE, under the guidance of a Senior Level ISSE, will evaluate and assess compliance with established Cybersecurity (IA) policies and regulations, collaborate directly with the assigned validator defining mitigation strategies, evaluating DISASecurity Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)/Security Requirements Guides (SRG) and checklist, engage with government staff,security personnel and NAVSEA stakeholders, development teams to communicate A&A requirements, understand systemsecurity,architectureand document IA posture for DON authorization/reauthorization and continuous authorization lifecycle requirements.
The Junior Level ISSE, under the guidance of a Senior Level ISSE, will monitor trends in information technology and cybersecurity that could have an impact on the security of the organization's products, processes, infrastructure, or customers.
- An Associatedegree (or currently pursuing) in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (or equivalent); Current recognized Cybersecurity certification with continuing education requirements and 1-2 years’ experience.
- Minimum compliance with DoD Manual 8570.01M (or equivalent) Cyber Information Technology/Cybersecurity Workforce IAM Level I is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (inclusive Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Awareness of computer security and information security policies.
- Ability to recommend Cybersecurity solutions and controls to support requirements.
- Development of technical documentation.
- Configuration Management support.
- Cloud Computing, Information System Virtualization, etc.
- Microsoft Visio