Technology is at the core of our business – we don’t just sell technology, we use it. The power of digital interviewing allows you the flexibility of using your computer or mobile device to record your interview on your own schedule in the comfort of your home. Our recruiting process allows you to tell your story in a stress-free way that is interactive and fun, so if you receive a link to Share your Story with us, we hope you have an awesome digital experience.
Get Inspired By the Work You'll Do
Information Security Specialist
- Within established frameworks, participates in the development, implementation and assurance of technical security strategies across SYNNEX, with little to no supervision. Considered an expert on IT security matters.
- Responsible for the established assurance of information security mechanisms and services throughout the enterprise.
- Works as part of a cross-functional team that manages a full spectrum of technology issues and problems providing security-based direction in technical standards, planning and strategy.
- Participates in the implementation of complex security initiatives and global security parameters based upon the level of risk for all enterprise IT platforms and infrastructure.
- Provides internal consulting, internal analysis and security reviews to support project teams and business units in identifying secure solutions for attaining business goals and objectives.
- Remains current on potential business threats and is proactive in supporting new security policies and modifications to current security policies.
- Performs probes of the network, applications, and devices to determine if security vulnerabilities exist and if security and access control policies have been violated.
- Needs to be available for on-call duty when necessary.
Your Passion is Sparked By
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or higher degree in CS and at least 5 years of direct or equivalent experience in the areas of anti-virus, intrusion detection, deep packet inspection, firewall/UTM, vulnerability testing, malware-analysis, or security networking/system administration.
- Demonstrated programming experience with UNIX shell scripting, Perl, etc. plus established competence and experience with Sun and HP storages, Sun servers, NFS, security issues, etc.
- Solid background with enterprise-level virtualization strategy, design, implementation and maintenance using VMware vSpehere 5.x servers and clusters including vCenter, Site Recovery Manager (SRM) and vCloud Director.
- Direct experience with LAN/WAN and TCP/IP as related to VMware infrastructure; experience with HP EVA SAN storage and fiber channel fabrics preferred.
- Confirmed skills with ESXi scripting and automation in support in server commissioning and maintenance.
- Strong Linux systems and network programming skills and Linux system administration and performance debugging and tuning.
- Strong knowledge of Hardware and Systems monitoring using IPMI, SNMP, Syslog etc.
- Strong knowledge of AAA concepts and technologies: RADIUS, TACACS, LDAP and MFA/2FA.
- Strong knowledge of Databases.
- Experience using network security and prevention tools (e.g. wireshark, metasploit, Kali, SNORT, tcpdump, etc.).
- Strong analytical skills and excellent business communication skills required.
- Must be able to work during non-standard business hours and weekends.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and programming languages.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Must have knowledge in at least one of these key areas of IT technologies, HTTP Web Servers or SMTP Mail Servers.
- Must well work in a demanding, fast paced team environment
- Knowledge of Fortinet and HPE networking is a plus
- Knowledge of Tenable System Center (Tenable.sc) is a plus
- Ethical Hacker certification is desired.