Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
Technology Risk Management and Information Security (TRMIS) is a group of technology, security and risk professionals in Canada, the U.S. and the U.K., focused on managing a comprehensive program to assess, prioritize, and mitigate business risk with technology controls.
The Cyber Threat Management Team is responsible for protecting the Bank, customers and employees by mitigating and identifying technology threats to TD. Development of effective risk management programs help ensure TD’s best-in-class cyber security approach.
What We Stand For
The TRMIS program is continuously evolving to mitigate risks to the bank, including introducing new initiatives and improved defense. With a layered approach to protect customers, employees and the bank from cyber threats, TD manages, challenges and reviews technology controls for all business applications.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Highly motivated, team-oriented, self-learner, responsible, and focused on exceeding expectations
- Strong organizational skills to facilitate management and tracking of large numbers of requirements, activities, findings and changes
- Sense of urgency, resourcefulness and enthusiasm in providing technical recommendations and solutions
- Ability to applyagile methodology & accurate logic and common sense in making technology and systems configuration decisions
- Ability to protect confidential information and act with a high level of integrity
- Diverse knowledge in current and emerging technologies in the space of SecurityEvent Management and Security Analytics and Security Analytics Platforms in particular
- Demonstrates understanding of the role of technology in business and information protection controls and operational governance as it applies to each functional area
- Ability to recommend and execute solutions in compliance with corporate security standards
- Ability to interface successfully with audit and compliance functions in order to facilitate control assessments and related reporting
- High level of confidence and assertiveness in high-pressure situations
- Ability to build strong relationships with and lead teams and individuals without direct reporting relationships
- Ability to quickly analyze large amounts of information, derive incisive insight and formulate action plans based on that analysis
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and ability to articulate and present information to all levels of management and staff
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- 3 to 5years’ work experience in information security, cybersecurity, data protection or a related field
- Minimum of a two-yeardegree in information protection, computer forensics, computer information systems, computer science, or information systems management
- 3+ years of experience in performing securityevent management, security information event management and/ or security analytics configuration and management, security use cases development and tuning, operational management and administration in an enterprise setting
- Working experience with securityevent management and security analytics operational governance and fundamental operational processes (intake of new log sources, on-boarding, use cases management, etc.)
- Design and drive technical plans toward security analytics management objectives such as: net new security use cases development to support UEBA (User and Entity Behaviour Analytics), account for the effect of the evolving threat space on the overall set of existing security use cases, net new log sources on-boarding (inclusive of testing and pre-production acceptance tasks), etc.
- Risk-based activities prioritization, reporting, and developing technical and process management remediation steps
- Develop and lead work-shopping activities for security use cases development and tuning, processes and run books for securityevent management and security analytics on-boarding/ off-boarding, intake management, requirements analysis, remediation, and reporting
- Identify problems and understand when to fix or when to mitigate risk
- Maintain governance material for the securityevent management and security analytics program as required
- Must have solid understanding of Network and Securityinfrastructure, topology including firewalls, routers, wireless access points, DNS, DHCP, and Identity and Access Management technologies
- Experience with securing virtual, physical and cloud environments
- Working Experience with the following technologies: ArcSight, RSA, Securonix, Splunk, QRadar or equivalent tools
- Professional IT security certification such as CISSP, SANS Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA), CompTIA Security+, CEH, GSEC and/or CISM is preferred
- An understanding of regulatory and Controls requirements: PCI, FFIEC, SOX, HIPAA, ISO2700x, NIST standards
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.