The InformationSecurity Specialist position is within the InformationSecurity,NetworkSecurity Management group. This position is a lead position focused onsecurity engineering andarchitecture includingdesign, development, test and implementation ofsecurity related project deliverables. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership and support to team members and collaborate with business partners,other functional groups within American Express and outside vendors to ensure the successful delivery of solutions.The ideal candidate has extensiveexperience in enterprise-levelnetwork andsecurity solutions with strong skills and proficiency innetworkdesign andtroubleshooting. The candidate should have the ability to define requirements andapply them to systemdesign and implementation goals as well as provenexperience managing standard project lifecycle fornetwork andsecurityrelated projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field (or has equivalent work experience) preferred.
- Requires seven plus years LAN and WANexperience working with Cisco Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Palo Alto firewalls and McAfee Web Gateway
- Knowledge with WANtechnologies and protocols, including best practices designs and troubleshooting.
- Routing protocol experience (Static, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP) redistribution and summarization.
- Knowledge of Spanning Tree and Switching Technologies.
- Clear understanding of Client / Server applications.
- Good knowledge and use of protocol analyzers (sniffers, etc.)
- Experienced with AET technical standards and governance processes preferred.
- Proactive attitude towards managing Risks and Issues.
- Ability to organize, manage to deadlines, and control concurrent initiatives.
- Demonstrate awareness and knowledge of network and security related best practices.
- Highly skilled in impact analysis and problem solving/issue resolution. Ability to perform at a high level under pressure, manage crisis response activities, lead/coordinate activities of cross-organizational teams. Ability to prioritize multiple activities, workloads, and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with Business and Technologies Leaders and staff.
- Requires presentation/verbal communication skills and the ability to train, influence, and mentor other team members.
- Experience in relationship management and collaboration skills with external vendor partners, technology colleagues and business partners.
- Possess problem solving skills with ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex problems, manage risk and make quick decisions.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.