The ISD Service Manager will be managing/leading the Web Access Management (WAM) team on the technical side. The WAM team supports our member-facing Online Banking (OLB), Mobile Banking, and other Single Sign-On (SSO) systems.
To serve as owner and subject matter expert providing complete oversight for the execution of a designated service. Provide forward-thinking, industry perspective. Manage the full lifecycle of service including definition, execution, and governance.
Manage services with low to medium complexity and/or medium to high maturity (Service impact - low to medium breadth and depth). Services are well defined within NFCU and within the industry; primarily steady state with a CSI focus. Works closely with Service Owner for guidance and supervision. Partners with Vendor Management Office in contract analysis and competitive market assessment for vendor selection process Provides actionable feedback to Resource and Vendor Managers to ensure expected performance to SLAs.
• Troubleshoot and identify the root cause and resolve them in critical production systems within Web Access Management infrastructure which includes – Single Sign-On Servers, Directory Servers, Identity Management Servers, SQL Servers, Web Servers and Application Servers – Jboss and Tomcat
• Communicate clearly the Technical information to business and other management/business areas.
• Act as a technical lead or SME to the Project Managers with respect to their Identity and Access Management requirements and to help them identify the various tasks and steps involved.
• Understand the Security Findings report identified from Information Security and Internal Audit; recommend solutions and implement them as appropriate.
• Manage projects related to Identity & Access Management Infrastructure upgrades, architecture changes partnering with PMO and other ISD Resources.
• Evaluate new products by doing a POC in the NFCU Lab Environment by coordinating with several other ISD team members.
• Clearly document key technical information.
• Act as a mentor to other junior team members and educate them on new processes, standards and projects.
• Work with Problem Management to find root cause of major incidents and recommend solutions to avoid future incidents.
• Partner with Enterprise Architecture to propose new technologies related to Security/Single Sign-On and implement them as needed.
• Develop and define clear core work definitions, process flows and operating models; demonstrate the complete life cycle and capabilities of the Service Moderately complex/varied
• Guide and analyze benchmarking, trend analysis and other input to drive continuous improvement and elevate service performance Moderate analysis
• Bring external perspective and ideas from relevant sources, keep current with technology, government/policy impacts and industry best practices Experienced
• Partner with Enterprise Architects to determine and define the technical architecture required to implement and support the Service Participates in
• Evaluates the performance and trends of assigned services to customers, including defined KPIs and SLAs and ensures service levels are achieved in line with SLAs and SLOs Moderate analysis
• Build and maintain relationships with team members, management, key stakeholders and/or external contacts (vendors, etc.)
• Perform benchmarking and trend analysis to incorporate continuous improvement or defined enhancements into the Service(s) functions Moderate analysis
• Ensures compliance with Navy Federal’s ISD standards, practices and processes
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related field
• Have a minimum of 1 Industry standard security certification required – CISSP, CISA, CISM
• Minimum of 3 years experience with Single Sign-On, specifically with CA SiteMinder, CA Directory, CA Secure Proxy Server, and CA Identity Manager
• Excellent general technical management and leadership experience
• Minimum of 5 years experience in computer security
• Working knowledge of Service Life Cycle
• Familiarity with development or operations framework methodologies, including Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), etc ,
• Exposure to leading, guiding and coaching professional staff
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
• Effective in producing desired results and achieving goals and objectives
• Exposure to working with all levels of staff, management, stakeholders, vendors
• Effective presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Effective skill relationship building, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Desired - Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes and procedures
• Desired - Certification in appropriate area: PMP, ITIL, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability