Experian Global Application Security team is responsible for protecting personally identified information assets against cyber threats for customers in more than 80 countries and across Experian's business units which include 17,000+ employees across more than 40 countries. Experian Global Application Security involves supporting its customers with the optimal combination of people, processes and technologies to provide situational awareness through the detection, containment, and remediation of technology threats across the enterprise.
Currently, Experian is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented team member to join our team in Allen Texas. This role will be a team lead that drives the setting up and adoption of global services such as Key Management and Certificate life cycle management in Experian. The person shall be instrumental in building out & maintaining global services that are scalable, available and customer focused. This is a growing team, with senior leaderships support and visibility. This role is involved in projects or issues of high complexity that requires an individual who can quickly think on their feet, challenge the status quo, and rapidly move from ideation to delivery. Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of Security Professionals responsible for building, enhancing and managing a global Key Management and Certificate Lifecycle management services in Experian.
- Successful candidate will be a strong technologist with pragmatic view and creative mind, and a natural collaborator with LoB security architects, engineers, and senior management.
- The person is expected to lead through influence, communicate effectively through clarity of thought and demonstrated understanding of business and technical requirements.
- Communicate leading industry practices by giving presentations, working with project teams, and authoring content aimed at educating others about standards, strategies, and otherwise defined leading practices.
- Conduct research focused on identifying emerging technology solutions that reduce costs, increase efficiencies, provide more value, provide more capabilities, reduce risks, and increase security.
- Develop and maintain KPIs to help project resource requirements, and forecast sub-contractor usage.
- Monitors and reports progress, problems and solutions in a timely manner. Follows through to ensure dollars and time estimates are realized within planned limits.
- Provides clear, consistent, regular communication with all project stakeholders at all levels, including presentations to senior management.
- Create and support KPIs and KRIs that measure service impact, operational risks, risk reduction and progress over time.
- Develops and mentors team members to achieve team and career goals.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of progressive IT experience with at least 5 years in Security delivering enterprise solutions and 2 years in people management.
- Hands-on experiences and technical depth with security in the following areas: PKI, Key Management, Certificate Management
Personality and leadership:
- The successful candidate will be in the ascendancy of their career, have an incredibly strong work ethic, and demonstrate a hunger to drive change and “roll up the sleeves to get the job done” attitude.
- Possess a strong technology background with the ability to challenge or validate technology decisions from a position of knowledge and experience.