We are currently seeking an Information Security Project Manager. The Information Security Project Manager will be working as part of the. Information Security team, within Enterprise IT Risk Management Department. In this role, the Information Security Project Manager will track initiatives and projects within the Enterprise IT Risk management group to completion. They will report on all projects to senior management and CISO and highlight risks to the projects and provide insight into the resource utilization.
As an East West Bank employee, you will be part of a growing and stable organization that provides career path development opportunities while serving a growing and profitable market.
- Experienced, implementation focused, self-motivated Project Manager to drive key technology projects to completion.
- Lead teams to implement technical projects to specification, on time, and within budget.
- Liaise with the company central PMO and IT PMO and govern projects in accordance with the company methods, including creation of the prescribed standard project documentation and reporting.
- This role has a central and key role in working with Information Security, Internal Audit, Business Stakeholders, and Regulatory Bodies to ensure the company information security projects assigned are risk 'managed for 'regulatory compliance and in compliance to company standards and policies.
- Projects in scope for management will involve industry leading products and technologies in Information Security, IT Risk Management, and Identity Access Management.
- Collaborate effectively with Enterprise IT Risk Management staff, IT colleagues, Business Stakeholders and vendors to help the projects to completion.
- Provide status reports of project efforts to the CISO and senior management.
- Regularly provide aggregated view of all the potential risks identified by the Enterprise IT Risk management team.
- Represent the Enterprise IT Risk Management team to support Business Stakeholder driven projects and IT initiatives and to help communicate security requirements and pull in the right resources to support the projects.
- Work closely with operational risk, compliance, legal and audit teams.
- Stay abreast of new laws, regulations and standards, and assess their impacts to the business.
- Verify security content training initiatives, as well as internal and external communication are conducted regularly.
- Oversee testing and validation of security controls across projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 6 or more years in Information Technology and/or information Security, project management.
- Prior experience working in Financial Institutions preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile project management methodology.
- Expertise in MS Office, MS Visio and MS Project, and Jira.
- Excellence in communicating project related risk.
- Excellent team leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence teams.
- Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business and decision making.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles.
- Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns and takes initiative to recommend/develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all and is a team player and encourages collaboration.
- Ability to motivate the team to achieve excellence, while giving credit and recognition where it is due.
- Applicable knowledgeable with the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council's (FFIEC) IT Examination Handbook and the Cybersecurity Assessment Tool (CAT), EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), National Institute of Technology (NIST) standards, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), International Standards Organization (ISO) standards, Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) regulations and frameworks, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding and comprehension of a wide range of cybersecurity solutions.
- Proven trustworthiness and history of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating well.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Demonstrated strategic and tactical thinking, along with decision-making skills and business acumen.
- Master’s or other advanced degree (MBA, information assurance, computer science, etc.) preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information assurance or related technical field.
- 6+ years of related project management experience in IT and Information Security
- Certification Requirements
- Preferable, but not required: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CISA, PMP