What you’ll be doing...
This position is an integral member of the Corporate Information Security (CIS) team as the Manager of Information Security Operations and will have a front-row seat to the Verizon’s cyber security transformation.
You will work with CIS leadership, staff and key stakeholders and will provide executive-level support, planning and directing of projects and business operations to ensure the strategic business plans are successfully executed.
You will develop short to medium team strategies. You will lead the development and operations of CIS’ governance framework and support processes to facilitate the efficient and timely execution of the group’s strategic initiatives.
- Prioritize and lead the execution of actionable business improvement initiatives based on analysis of risk, business impact, customer, stakeholder, and employee feedback.
- Manage and align all executive forums and review sessions to facilitate funding and support of CIS needs, roadmap and performance. In addition, create and maintain executive level presentations for strategy and transformation initiatives, operational, capital and financial plans.
- Collaborate with business line management across enterprise to provide performance transparency for security projects.
- Own the end-to-end planning and expense tracking process for CIS, partnering with Financial Planning & Analysis team to provide business context to financial plans and results.
- Develop financial analyses and business cases for capital and revenue planning and tracking.
- Manage cross-functional and detailed project plans and represent CIS in all financial planning recommendations and approvals.
- Prioritize project activities and coordinate resources to achieve information security goals.
- Work independently to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to senior management, other executive, or functional management while supporting syndication with stakeholders across the organization.
- To the extent possible, develop external benchmarks to help ensure that goals resulting from internal benchmarks are appropriate.
- Facilitate/lead the development of meaningful internal operational benchmarks that supports the prioritization and overall security investment benefits.
- Project management of cross-departmental initiatives and action registers.
- Gather and analyze data in order to report monthly results for key initiatives and ad-hoc requests.
- Track and report on cost and benefit results against documented Business Cases, providing insights on efficiency and cost improvement opportunities.
- Work with assigned project managers, project consultants, reporting and operations teams to ensure that measurements are in place to evaluate and validate results delivery for each project undertaken.
- Seek industry and area best practices – determine value and drive change standardization where appropriate to gain efficiencies.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with executive-level staff in order to assess and meet the needs of the business.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with all impacted business units.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Ideally, your Master’s degree.
- Six or more years of related experience and at least 2 years of experience in a highly technical industry or supporting a highly technical team.
- Three or more years people management experience.
- Senior executive staff support experience.
- Experience developing financial plan for a highly technical team.
- Expert in presenting financial planning and result information for a project portfolio and organization to effectively support executive decision making.
- Project management experience, including experience with cross-functional and/or cross-area projects; highly technical or security project management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Verizon’s functions, policies, and procedures.
- Excellent, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong, thorough knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office Applications including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel, or other document preparation/project management tools.
- Exceptional quantitative, problem-solving, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- High self-motivation with the ability to motivate others
- Capability to be results oriented with a strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible as well as teamwork oriented.
- Ability to effectively negotiate solutions and deadlines with others at all levels of the business.
- Ability to lead in a fast paced, changing environment and provide rapid turn-around on deliverables.
- Ability to effectively relay complex information to others in any level of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work in a high-energy, dynamic environment.