Information Security Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Software
Position: Information Security Manager
Location: New York, NY
Vitech is one of the world’s leading providers of financial and benefit administration software. We serve insurance, retirement and investment organizations and our over 100 clients include the premier entities in each of our markets. Our software, V3, is a unique administration platform specifically designed to address the unique needs of group benefits and alternative asset administration.
We are headquartered in New York City with staff and clients located across the United States and around the world. We provide the V3 software, implementation and support services and offer cloud-based solution hosting. We employ 850 full time employees experienced in both enterprise software technology and the specific business domains in which we work.
We are dedicated to helping our clients improve their market agility, raise their service levels and streamline their operations while consolidating and modernizing their legacy administration platforms. Our clients collectively administer over $1 trillion in coverage and serve nearly 20 million individuals.
Here’s your chance to join a dynamic, global team of technology and domain subject matter experts, developers, quality assurance experts and business analysts who are helping shape the future of technology. We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program to ensure employees' health, well-being and financialsecurity.
The Information Security Manager is responsible for ensuring the overall security, integrity and availability of Vitech’s systems and data. This role is also responsible for compliance with any applicable legislation, regulation or policy guidelines and organizational security mandates and awareness.
- Maintain and implement Vitech’s Information Security Program and associated procedures
- Implement tools and technologies to help ensure security compliance and enforcement
- Verify that IT systems and software implementations are secure and compliant with the Information Security Program
- Run the Risk Management Program at Vitech
- Run the Incident Management and Response Program at Vitech
- Monitor and remediate security vulnerabilities, threats and events in our networks and host systems
- Stay abreast of new threats, vulnerabilities and security-focused technologies and incorporate such into Vitech’s Information Security Program and systems
- Develop security plans for new systems and applications
- Report appropriate metrics to executive management
- Respond to security aspects of all sales related activities, audits, projects, inquiries, questionnaires and RFPs
- Own the management and execution of external party security-related audits.
- Manage, Implement and test Vitech’s business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Travel to customer locations as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have led or played a key role in a team implementing a formal Information Security Program in the past 2-3years
- Knowledge of SSAE Audits- AT 101, SOC Reports 1-2-3
- Experience with data privacy including HIPAA and HiTEC
- Must have a strong background in information technology
- Must have hands-on experience as an IT engineer or software engineer
- Must have a clear understanding of the challenges of information security
- Must be able to communicate with and present to senior management and customers
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, programming, or related field
- Holder of CISSP, HCISPP, SSCP, CCSP, or CISM