$80K — $100K *
An Information Security Engineer supports information security functions across the enterprise. Interacts closely with customers, software developers, information security analysts, compliance, and other key stakeholders in order to support external projects, configure security technologies, train Information Security Analysts, provide security technology escalation support, lead incident response efforts and remediate security issues. Serves as a primary information security interface and knowledge support to all University of Phoenix Technology functional groups and project teams. Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Information Security Operations portfolio of tools, providing research, expert advice, and direction on configuration and management of the tools.
1. Act as a primary point of contact for all issues related to Information Security Operations.
2. Manage multiple security projects simultaneously.
3. Maintain hardware and software tools used to support Information Security Operations functions.
4. Act as a technical or security advisor for less experienced Security Analysts.
5. Lead incident response and investigations of suspected information security events, misuse, or compliance reviews.
6. Assist in responses to internal and external compliance audits, e-Discovery data collection, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments.
7. Coordinate maintenance of security-related systems (Anti-Virus, Intrusion Detection, Logging, Content filtering, etc.).
8. Review system designs and architectures and make security-related recommendations.
9. Provide input to enterprise- Information Security policies and standards.
10. Trains new Security Analysts on cutting edge security technologies.
Job Supervisory Responsibilities
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or related area
• Four (4) years of progressive experience in Information Security related roles.
• Four (4) years of experience with network and Security components, including firewall, intrusion detection/prevention systems, anti-malware products, forensics tools, data encryption, VPNs, vulnerability scanners, multiple operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux, etc.), Identity and Access Management, and directory services (Active Directory, LDAP).
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Experience managing a varied and heavy workload.
• Security related certifications e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS (GESC, GCIA, etc.).
• Knowledge of industry frameworks related to information security (e.g. ISO 27000, NIST, etc.).
• In-depth knowledge of Information Security risks and counter-measures for Windows (PC and servers), MAC, Unix/Linux platforms.
• Experience with risk management methodologies and frameworks.
• A practical understanding of implementing technologies and processes in support of regulatory requirements (PCI, SOX, GLBA)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong business analysis skills.
• Strong communication skills required to discuss and present complex engineering principles.
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment as an individual contributor.
• Ability to provide support after normal business hours, as needed (e.g. on-call rotation participation).
• Resourceful, creative, innovative, results driven, and adaptable.
Valid through: 7/8/2021
$100K — $150K *
3 days ago
$100K — $150K *
11 days ago