Join our IT engineering team responsible for the infrastructure of a mixed-use data center supporting integration, testing, and cybersecurity of the DCGS-A family of products. In the IT team we design and implement infrastructure that increases scalability and performance of the services that support our integrations organization.
As an Information Security Engineer, you will be part of a team that designs, develops, and maintains IT infrastructure to further evolve the Web Oriented Architecture and enable continuous improvement of DCGS-A products. Specifically, you will:
- Work in a primarily Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2 environment ensuring continuous access to capabilities for all supported users
- Directly support all basic user administration functions including client and end point device support
- Assist with a team in planning, designing, and deploying computer baseline settings using Army Golden Master (AGM) server 2012 R2 / Windows 7
- Support the Operating System (OS) provisioning / patching infrastructure (WDS, IAVA, WSUS, SCCM, ect.) as it applies to mandatory security updates to the enterprise in addition to offering recommendations for improving/enhancing the current software distribution processes and procedures
- Assist in maintaining hardware and infrastructure systems primarily consisting of standalone Dell servers, UCS blade storage, Netapp storage, and Cisco networking
- Participate in cross-functional teams and help debug system issues across the infrastructure.
- Gain or improve working familiarity with other data center / enterprise technologies (VMware, Linux, ect.) and IA requirements (RMF, DICAP, ODAA) as needed
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or otherEngineering or Technical Discipline A Technical Bachelor's degree and 10 years of professional work experience is required
- Two additional years of applicable experience with appropriate certifications may be substituted for the degree
- At least 1 year of experience with an automated patching system i.e. IAVA, WSUS, SCCM, Altirus, or Puppet
- Must be knowledgeable with the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and all Assessment and Authorization (A&A) policies and directives (i.e., DoDI 8510.01) for RMF
- Demonstrated experience working in a VMware virtualized DoD environment
- In-depth working knowledge of enterprise supporting operating systems i.e. Microsoft Windows 7, 10, Server 2008 R2, Server 2012, or Linux
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory Group Policies, Exchange, and otherWindows Server roles
- Must be a self-starter, willing to take complete ownership of complex technical problems
- Should be able to think clearly and articulate with appropriate level of abstraction his/her thought process on complex technological issues
- Experience in creating technical documentation
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 qualified on first day of work. (Baseline and computing environment certifications)
- TS/SCI Clearance Required.
- MCSE or other related Microsoft certification
- CCNA or othernetworking certification
- Demonstrated knowledge of LAN topology, routers, hubs, switches, and network protocols (TCP/IP, IPX)
- Working knowledge of storage systems and automation
- Experience in scripting (VBScript, batch files, InstallScript, Wise Script, etc.)
- Experience in SharePoint server administration
- Familiarity of project management principles
About The Organization
Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. (Sotera) is an agile, mid-size national securitytechnology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services in support of the critical missions of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and federal law enforcement agencies charged with ensuring the safety and security of our nation. Our 1,200 employees are focused on delivering essential counterterrorism, cyber operations, intelligence, data analytics, C4ISR and force mobility solutions to our customers throughout the national security community.
Sotera Defense Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.