The Information Security Engineer will build, implement and maintain assigned security platforms. This includes working with internal and vendor applications, hardware, software and a variety of teams across the organization to deliver adequate monitoring solutions that mitigate risks while meeting business objectives. You will utilize in-depth knowledge to address issues identified through monitoring or audit findings and implement solutions that protect the organization. You will also serve as subject matter expert for assigned platforms, providing technical guidance and handling communications across the organization.
What You'll Do
- Review the maturity and effectiveness of multiple security platforms ensuring proper performance, availability and capacity management.
- Conduct monitoring through automated functional and performance testing, investigating potential problems and determining solutions, as necessary, to avoid service interruptions.
- Recommend and implement new features and functions within platforms to streamline processes and enable continuous deployment of new capabilities.
- Build, configure and administer assigned security platforms ensuring accurate, consistent and compliant configuration and documentation.
- Provide moderate to complex technical maintenance services and oversees implementation of patches to integrated security systems and solutions ensuring continuous availability and operation. This includes evaluating functionality, overseeing and conducting testing, overseeing vulnerability scanning, virus management, and intrusion detection and monitoring, providing recommendations and maintaining information security policies, procedures and systems.
- Communicate, implement, enforce and monitor security controls to protect the organization's technology assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction. Provides training, informational and educational materials to support technology users.
- Conduct audits and code testing to identify data security vulnerabilities and undertake necessary actions to eliminate identified threats.
- Implement architectural changes when intrusions occur and monitors effectiveness of implemented changes.
- Create reports to summarize findings to management.
- Ensure that security plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with overall information standards.
- Identify security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggest procedures to halt future incidents and improve security.
What it Takes
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Demonstrated experience with Windows, Cisco, Unix, Firewall, Intrusion Detection, Audit, compliance systems.
- Possess strong knowledge of Internet security, client/server, and network security systems such as firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, and vulnerability scanners.
- Previous scripting or programming experience beneficial.
- Possess strong communication skills, human relation skills, organizational skills and analytical skills.
- Professional certification, such as CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CISM, CPP, ISSMP, ISSAP is beneficial.
- Working experience in compliance, audit or security frameworks such as ITIL, CobIT, or ISO.
What You'll Receive
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.