Information Security Engineer Senior
Summary of This Role
Evaluates, tests, recommends, develops, coordinates, monitors, and maintains information security policies, procedures and systems, including hardware, firmware and software . Ensures that IS securityarchitecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with IS standards and overall IS security .
Identifies securityrisks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents. Investigates and resolves security incidents and recommends enhancements to improve security. Develops techniques and procedures for conducting IS securityrisk assessments and compliance audits, the evaluation and testing of hardware, firmware and software for possible impact on system security, and the investigation and resolution of security incidents.
What Part Will You Play?
- Proactively monitors complex systems and response to known and emerging threats against the TSYS network via intrusion detection software
- Completes detailed, comprehensive investigation of security issues by reviewing security log data, interpreting data in support of securityevent management process from various data feeds and triages on a wide variety of securityevents.
- Performs incident handling process by maintaining knowledge in implementation of containment, protection and remediation activities.
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge of new and emerging threats that can affect the organization's information assets by analyzing of third party software/solutions, IT configuration changes (including access control requests), and network/system architecture from risk perspective
- Responsible for the design and configuration of security systems, including proxy, remote access, mail gateway, intrusion prevention, wireless networking, data leak prevention, security information and event management and web application firewalls.
- Provides input in assessing and disseminating threats related to the enterprise in regard to current vulnerability by managing and developing an emerging threat model.
- Assesses risks based on changes to implementation of ISO(International Organization for Standardization)/BSO(Business Services Online); enhances knowledge of PCI(Payment Card Industry)/Logical Security guidelines and models, HIPPA(health insurance portability and accountability act), PII(Personally Identifiable Information), and Card personalization.
- Creates cost effective solutions for system/application development regarding Information Security processes and concepts in applicable systems and software.
- Performs day-to-day Information Security functions pertaining to computer access control on numerous security software products and processes.
- Enhance understanding of business objectives and helps providing direction based on risk, Corporate Policy, and association and regulatory guidelines.
- Participates in developing long term strategies for conducting system penetration, vulnerability and web application testing, risk assessments, policy creation.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Info Security, or related field. Or related work experience.
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Experience including: network operations or engineering or system administration on Unix, Linux, MAC(Message Authentication Code), or Windows; proven experienceworking withsecurity operations, intrusion detection systems, Security Incident Even Management systems, and anti-virus collection logs; including knowledge of industry standard security compliance programs (PCI, SOX, GLBA, etc.)
- CheckPoint - Builds: R77, R78, R80.10; VPN, Clustering, VSX, Policy Layering, VRRP, ACL
- General Networking: Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing.
- Professional certifications CISSP(Certified Information System Security Professional),CISM(Certified Information Security Manager) ,CISA(Certified-Information-Systems-Auditor),GSEC(GIAC Security Essentials) ,Network +,Security +
- Typically Minimum 6 Years Relevant Exp
- Knowledge of industry standard security compliance programs (PCI(Payment Card Industry), SOX(Sarbanes-Oxley) , GLBA(Gramm Leach Bliley Act))
- Firewall/ Secruity: IPS, TIpping Point, SandBlash, BlueCost, VPN, R80.20
- Networking: Cisco Nexus, Cisco Layer 3, PCAP & Analyses, ACL, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP.
- Other: Automation: AlgoSec or Tufin. Work Flow: ICD, Service Now, BMC Remedy or other.