The Information Security Engineer position at Ally is a member of the Engineering and Operations organization and works closely with members of the IPRM program to develop, implement and support a wide range of critical security controls at Ally. The engineer works with a team of security engineers within the E&O Department to deploy, sustain and monitor technical controls and tools to meet specific security requirements, and help with defining processes to ensure that security configurations and tools are maintained.
- Operations and monitoring of Proxies, Load Balancers, Data Loss Prevention, Network Access Control and Firewall policies across the enterprise.
- Managing the day to day troubleshooting of the enterprise Proxy, Data Loss Prevention, Firewall, and other security controls. This includes configuration tuning, troubleshooting, as well as defining and executing escalation criteria.
- Work with Security teams to tune control systems to best meet the need of the business
- Ability to identify securityrisks and work with IPRM team to report and lead the remediation efforts.
- Provide expert level troubleshooting for supported technologies.
- Perform architecture and engineering responsibilities in support of existing technologies and new security projects.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly health checks, user activity audits and must have good knowledge in determining baseline offsets.
- Primary responsibility will be support our existing securityinfrastructure and security projects with potential to take on responsibilities for other technologies such as, Malware Sandboxing technologies, Email Security gateways, WAF and other technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of maintaining Proxy and Data Loss Prevention rules and policies
- Demonstrated knowledge and 3+ years' experiencetroubleshooting Proxy or DLP issues.
- Must have excellent technical understanding of HTTP, HTTPS and TLS protocols and able to demonstrate the OSI Model and how each layer works especially layer 4-7.
- Must have excellent knowledge of SSL/TLS Interception and how to troubleshoot
- Experience in leading technical teams on projects and resolving incidents.
- Ability to document security related incidents using a defined governance process and procedures in team runbooks
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or relevant field of study
- Excellent data analysis skills using standard office tools are required.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) are required.
- A strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels across the organization and to comprehend business imperatives.
- A strong customer/client focus with ability to manage expectations appropriately and provide superior customer/client experience and build long-term relationships.
- Willing to have a flexible work schedule and be on call 24/7