Information Security Engineer needed for a dynamic national organization.
Are you an IT professional interested in a challenging and rewarding opportunity to develop, monitor, evaluate and maintain systems and procedures to protect the company and their network systems from unauthorized access? In this role you will evaluate security standards, guidelines, and procedures relating to firewalls, intrusion prevention, vulnerability scanning, host operating systems, and network devices; as well as identify new areas of risk within the IT infrastructure, including determining areas of weakness in networksecurityarchitecture and ensuring adherence of current security programs and policies.
What the Information Security Engineer will do:
- Designs, installs, and supportssecurity technologies such as VPN, firewalls, DMZs, securityarchitecture, IDS, and encryption.
- Reviews proposals to significantly enhance or modify the configuration or functionality of intranets, firewalls, and servers.
- Designs and monitors security for routers, switches, operating systems, and other technologies.
- Provides in-depth support for information security incidents including internal violations, hacker attacks, virus, and system outages.
- Prepares and periodically updates information security policies, architectures, standards, and/or other technical requirement documents.
- Acts as a technical resource to users, department management, and others with in the company who are seeking more information about technical security.
- Participates in, and acts as a security expert in periodic information systems risk assessments.
- Recommends and evaluates security tools to identify more efficient and effective security measures. This includes research and initiation of new projects that will allow greater standardization, centralization, and more effective management of information security measures that would also enhance or enable new capabilities for network or host systems.
What the Information Security Engineer needs to have:
- 5 to 7 years in networking or IT Security with a large corporation.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (or related field) or equivalent experience is required.
- Technical Certification (CISSP, MCSE, CCNA, GIAC) is preferred, combined with hands on experiencesupporting security requirements of a corporate size company
- Cisco certifications or experience a plus.
- Required security technical proficiencies
- Experience with IDS/IPS, VPN, Cisco routers and switches
- Compliancy (PCI, HIPAA, SOX)
- Scripting/Coding (PowerShell, Python, etc.)
- Virtualization (VMware, etc.)
- Cisco routers and switches
What the Information Security Engineer will enjoy:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- AD/D Insurance
- Life insurance
- Flex Spending
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Retirement Programs
- PTO plus holiday pay