Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to address new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The Project Zero team aims to improve user security and to increase the cost of targeted attacks by conducting leading security research. Our mission is to make zero-day exploits hard. Project Zero team members perform cutting-edge vulnerability research on security-critical software, and use their research results to drive industry-wide defensive improvements. We build tooling to appropriately scale security research, and create new methodologies for discovering high-impact security vulnerabilities. We also use our security research results to provide relevant and actionable guidance for long-term defenses and mitigations, and engage in non-technical work such as driving improvements to industry securityprocesses and best practices.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Conduct vulnerability research in software that is critical for user safety on the Internet.
- Create tools and infrastructure that enables the team to scale-up our research efforts.
- Engage the wider defensive community by publishing all of your results.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience, including in one or more of the following: code auditing, fuzzing or black-box analysis.
- Software development experience in C and C++.
- Understanding in one or more security fields (e.g. operating system security, browser security, mobilesecurity, etc).
- Demonstrated record of excellent published security research.
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.