How this role will make an impact:
Do you have a natural curiosity? Are you energized by continuously being challenged, learning, and adapting? Are you passionate about cybersecurity and desire to understand new threats, vulnerabilities, and defenses? Do you love pets?!
PetSmart is growing its IT Security Engineering team and is seeking an IT Security Engineer. This individual is a key member of our cybersecurity team focusing on developing secure solutions and ensuring the resilience of exciting new capabilities delivered to our Customers and Associates. This role frequently engages with internal partners including our Product Teams, Security Architecture & Risk, Security Operations, and Service Delivery.
This position is for an individual with a background in information security or an intense personal interest to learn. The IT Security Engineer will participate in evaluating, developing, and implementing security tools, standards, and procedures for multiple platforms and environments. They will learn and implement a variety of security technologies and solutions. This position will also require an individual who can work well with both technical and non-technical business partners.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Develop, implement, support technical controls to protect consumer facing technologies
- Build, configure, and supportsecurity technologies
- Coordinate between the SOC, IT, Business Partners, and 3rd parties in support of incident response
- Analyze current attack trends to design and implement technical and process-oriented countermeasures
- Engage with projects to develop appropriate security instrumentation of solutions and support the Security Architecture and Risk function
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in Information Technology
- Demonstrated passion to adapt, learn, and grow
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and working experience with common IT Platforms: Windows, Linux, AIX, MS SQL, Oracle, NoSQL, SAP, Directory Services, AWS, Azure, Salesforce, etc.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of the TCP/IP networking stack & network technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with ability to explain security topics and risk to a business audience
- Priorexperiencein one or more of the following disciplines:
- Windows Administration
- Cisco Networking
- Software Development
- Experience with Salesforce platforms and development
- Experience in AWS or Azure
- Experience developing searches, alerts, reporting, and dashboards in Splunk
- Knowledge of industry laws and regulations mandating information security and information risk management requirements (PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, Privacy Regulations)
- Experience in consumer engaging industries such as Retail or Technology