The Information Security Engineer will take a practical and risk based approach to manage, maintain, and deploy security solutions throughout the enterprise network. They will contribute to the design, development and maintenance of the automated incident response program while ensuring efficient information flow in a secure systems environment. This is a REMOTE opportunity where you can work from home from anywhere in the US.
• Building, implement, and maintain automated incident response playbooks.
• Utilize Agile software development processes
• Interact with many different third party APIs
• Support in the development of security policies, standards and plans to ensure the protection of corporate data against unauthorized use, access, modification and destruction.
• Support others in performing forensic analysis and risk assessments for the entire infrastructure.
• Monitor compliance with information security policies and procedures.
• Monitor network, devices and servers for security violations.
• Design, implement and maintain network security guidelines and a security infrastructure for Magellan Health.
• Ensure adequate security solutions are in place to mitigate identified risks sufficiently to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements.
• Provide support in researching emerging technologies for the continuous improvement of IT security.
• Support incident response activities, ensuring security incidents are properly identified, contained, eradicated, and recovered from.
• Triage, prioritize, document and mitigate security alerts generated by the various network defense tools
• Research emerging technologies in support of IT security enhancement and development efforts.
• Assist in formalizing and updating security policies, procedures and technical standards.
• Persistently evaluate adherence with defined standards.
• Assist in remediation and/or mitigation efforts for all vulnerabilities in the environment, ensuring appropriate response to high risk and aged findings.
• Manage, maintain and operate information systems to support security operations.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity access management.
• Knowledge of network protocols and packet analysis tools.
• Familiar with automation and orchestration systems.
• Familiar with information security publications (e.g. NIST 800-53, 53A, 37)
• Familiar with incident response and problem resolution
• Familiar with computer forensic techniques and eDiscovery
• Familiar with reviewing automated security test results
• Familiar with network and host-based security solutions
• Ability to work with multi-discipline teams, cross-functional management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with other groups
BA / BS Degree – Information Security – Preferred
3+ years of relevant experience – Required
CISSP or equivalent certification – Preferred
Other Job Requirements:
Demonstrated knowledge of information security principles, including risk assessment and management, threat and vulnerability management, incident response, and identity access management; Understand network protocols and packet analysis tools; knowledge and experience with security-related systems, applications and enterprise security solutions; Familiarity with information security publications (e.g. NIST 800-53, 53A, 37), incident response, problem resolution, computer forensic techniques, eDiscovery, and reviewing automated security test results.
Ability towork withmulti-discipline teams and cross-functional management and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with other groups.
General Job Information
Information Security Engineer
Info Technology Group
United States of America
United States of America (Exempt)
Recruiting Start Date
Date Requisition Created
Bachelors Computer and Information Science
License and Certifications - Required
License and Certifications - Preferred
Other Job Requirements