Information Security Engineer - Journeyman
Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
IASAE Level 2 personnel are responsible for the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of a DoD IA architecture, system, or system component for use within their Computing Environment (CE).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or otherEngineering, or Technical discipline with an Information Security or Cyber Security Concentration. Advanced Degree with concentration in Information Security or Cyber Securitypreferred.
- Must be Information Assurance (IA) Trained and Certified per the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement IAW DoD 8570.1-M, Change 2, and the Army Information Assurance (IA) Training and Certification Best Business Practice, corrected 6 Aug 2010.
- 5 Years minimum experience as an Information Security Engineer or performing Information Security Engineer related activities within the last 10 years
- IAT Level 2 IAW AR 25-2 and DoD 8570-01M
- Seven years of professional experience, appropriate computing environment certification, and IA WORKFORCE SYSTEM ARCHITECT AND ENGINEER (IASAE) SPECIALTY qualified in accordance with standards spelled out in DoD 8570.01-M and the Army Information Assurance(IA) Training and Certification Best Business Practice, corrected 6 Aug 2010. Experience can substitute for the degree provided the person has BOTH the relevant experience AND is fully Information Assurance (IA) certified in accordance with AR 25-2, Information Assurance, and the associated best business practice for IA Training and certification (IA Training BBP).
- SECRET security clearance.
- Expertise with MS Exchange.
- Expertise in supporting platform integration issues with Oracle, SQL databases on a windows server.
- Experienced System Administrator Skills (certification is a plus) in some or all of the following: Windows Server 2008, 2012, Window 7 or Windows 10.
- Experience in the design, development, implementation, and/or integration of a DoD IA architecture, system, or system component for use within Computing Environment (CE), Network Environments (NE), and enclave environments.
- Experience with IA vulnerability scanning software tools, implementing Security Implementation Guides (STIGS), and applying IAVA patches.
- Familiarity with RMF accreditation.
- Has experience creating and maintaining various security documents such as the SCP/VSR, System Backup and Recovery Plans (SBRPs) and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) tables.