This position interacts closely with Information Technology and business units as a representative of the Information security team by providing 2nd tier support in a Security Operation Center environment and aids in the design and implementation of security technologies. The position requires strong in-depth technical knowledge in security engineering, computer and network security, as well as strong authentication and security Protocols. Responsible for 24x7 availability of all security devices within the enterprise; works in a rotational on call schedule.
- Ensures network communications and hosts across the enterprise adhere to security policies and standards.
- Configures and monitors security products such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, vulnerability scanning, security event management and proxy server software. Implement, manage, and maintain network firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, messaging security gateways, and Internet security proxies. Manage endpoint security platforms, including Host Intrusion Prevention and Anti-virus.
- Performs analysis of network and host security needs and contributes to the design, integration, and installation of hardware and software.
- Assesses potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the environment proactively.
- Collaborates with Network and Server Operations Support to help maintain/upgrade network and host to maintain a secure environment.
- Assists in the support of security technologies such as user access, Internet filtering, e-mail security, antivirus, data loss protection, document management, forensics, vulnerability assessments, collaboration technologies and mobile platforms.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with all levels of the enterprise and partners with the business on providing technical security solutions across organizational lines. Work collaboratively with other Information Security and other technology and business team members.
- Assists in creating, maintaining, updating platform documentation and standard operating procedures. Design and implement information security controls in different applications and business processes as required by the business or various regulations or standards.
- Defends the information enterprise in accordance with established policies, procedures, guidelines, and good practices. Evaluate and develop solutions to address the protection of information assets.
- Identifies and remediates issues that impact the security of the information enterprise.
- Synthesizes information generated from logs, SIEM, and other sources to effectively respond to emerging threats. Architect, develop, deploy and support information security systems and solutions such as key management, Tripwire, password vaulting, SIEM, anti-malware, and central AV.
- Understands advanced security protocols and standards.
- Participates in information security reviews and audits.
- Monitors security systems and responds to events and alerts.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Information Systems or related field
- Eight (8) years of experience in IT
- Four (4) years of experience in a security role at an enterprise or service provider environment
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Professional security certifications such as CISSP, SSCP, GCED, GCFW, GIAC, GSEC, GSNA, Websense Certified WSGA Professional, CCSP (Cisco Certified Security Professional).
Tracking Code 219757-021