What You'll Do
The Infosec Engineer will be an action-oriented, collaborative and innovative driving force, responsible for doing proof-of-concepts and proof-of-value for the security capabilities and making them consumable in strategic environments. The engineers will work with peers to build/buy or integrate solutions that make them consumable ultimately driving improvements in the security posture of Cisco Cloud products and IT services. This role is an excellent opportunity to be part of a world-class security organization and contribute to the security, privacy and data protection needs of a large enterprise that’s continually evolving its business models.
Who You'll Work With
The Corporate Information Security organization is responsible for protecting the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information and computing assets, while enabling business productivity. Our global organization strives to exemplify operational excellence, defend and protect Cisco, and provide an easily understood operating structure and enhanced customer service to our internal partners and clients.
The Foundational Architecture and SecurityTechnologies team within Infosec is a dynamic team of Information Security and DevSecOps experts that deliver security standards and consumable capabilities for the network of networks that make up Cisco’s Enterprise, Cloud Offers and Diversified Businesses. The security standards and capabilities span the various technical domains such as Identity & Access, Networks, Devices, Data, Applications, Clouds, Cryptography, Vulnerability Management and Incident Detection.
As Cisco transitions to new business models and evolves the multi-cloud and hybrid environments, this team is uniquely positioned to drive the foundational architectures and capabilities to secure the company with speed and scale enabling customer trust. The opportunities to rethink the security models, innovate and partner across Cisco to deliver business value and lead the industry is tremendous.
Who You Are
- In an IT/cloud engineering/development environment, you have 4-5 years of experience in a highly technical role developing or launching new services, products or technologies, with accountability for Security. Prior DevOps, design and development experience is required.
- With a broad background in IT and cloud architectures, and security depth in at least a couple of security domains you bring experience and understanding of development, deployment and operational environments including private/public/hybrid cloud models. You have the ability to applysecurity in these environments to prevent, detect and mitigate securityevents.
- Applied knowledge of Agile Methodologies, DevOps and CI/CD with relevant experience in all phases of the Product Life Cycle. Experience with scriptinglanguages such as Python, modular development, scale and automation.
- You are passionate, highly motivated and eager to affect meaningful impact, and to develop new skills. With a zeal for learning you are comfortable diving into business & technical subjects outside of your comfort zone. A consummate team-player, with outstanding listening, collaboration & communication skills.
- College degree with a BS in engineering or computer science, graduate/Master’s degreepreferred. Any additional technical training, including CCSP, CISSP, CCIE or cybersecurity related certifications is a plus.