Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferredfinancial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So, if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
We are looking for an Information Security Data Analytics Manager, based at Western Union’s global headquarters in Englewood, Colorado to organize our analytics function. You will implement tools and strategies to translate raw data into valuable business and security related insights.
In this role, we expect you to have strong logical reasoning skills and business intelligence. The ability to communicate effectively is essential. This role will also be responsible for managing our enterprise SIEM solution.
Your goal will be to help our business use data to drive high performance, quality as well as increase security posture.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Understand business needs and objectives
- Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
- Define company-wide metrics and relevant data sources
- Select, configure and implement analytics solutions
- Lead and develop a team of data analysts
- Oversee all analytics operations to correct discrepancies and ensure quality•
- Extract reports from multiple sources (e.g. operations, IT, customer feedback)
- Build systems to transform raw data into actionable business insights
- Apply industry knowledge to interpret data and improve performance
- Keep abreast of industry news and trends
What you will need to succeed:
- Proven experience as an Analytics Manager or Data Scientist
- Solid experience in data analysis and reporting; industry experience is a plus
- Background in market research and project management
- Knowledge of Excel, R and SQL; familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, SAS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical skills and strong organizational abilities
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Knowledge of security considerations and methodologies
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Management or a related field is preferred; Master’s is a Plus.