Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 4.56 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
In partnership with global, regional, and business line information security teams, conducts regular audits of information systems to assess internal compliance with information security standards, as well as assess against external and regulatory frameworks applicable to clinical diagnostics laboratories. As a member of the clinical diagnostics business line information security team, conducts detailed audits of information systems assets and their governance, including both on premise and cloud-based infrastructure and solutions components.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage and complete internal information system audits including reviews of policies/procedures, general controls, security and configuration baselines, firewall rulesets, architecture adherence, and change/release management documentation
- Prepare detailed draft and final reports with clearly identified gaps and recommendations
- Supplies management at all levels with objective evaluations, appraisals, and recommendations concerning the areas reviewed
- Review test results and provide oversight of remediation plans; ensure appropriate prioritization based on impact and level of risk
- Conduct reviews of completed work to ensure that specified regulatory requirements and control objectives have been met
- Manage and complete compliance audits to evaluate policies, procedures and implemented controls against HIPAA/HITECH.
- Assist with identifying enhancements needed in order to respond to regulatory feedback
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members regarding security assessments such as social engineering, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments.
- Act as a liaison for audits with internal departments as well as outside auditors
- Occasionally travel to corporate sites to perform onsite auditing or provide support for external audit.
- Assist in developing new processes and procedures to improve the audit and assessment process, striving for strong consistency across various Eurofins clinical businesses
- Research industry trends in privacy and security laws on a federal, state and global level
- Assist in performing risk assessments on potential vendors and integrations with third parties
- Coordinate and respond to external risk questionnaires and participate in customer security calls
- Work with compliance and legal teams to ensure rules related to the HIPAA Privacy and Security rules are maintained
- Maintain knowledge of information cybersecurity areas, trends, and standards.
- Provide assessment of internal technology and security-related control processes and operational performance, in accordance with corporate and professional standards
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of total experience in one or more information technology disciplines related to solutions, infrastructure, or information security
- Demonstrated broad basis of technical understanding as a foundation for auditing information systems.
- Minimum of five years of experience in auditing information systems for compliance with both internal and external requirements and standards, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Firm knowledge of IT infrastructure and management, risk management, network security, application security policies and procedures
- Solid knowledge of the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules
- Working knowledge of HITRUST and/or NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF)
- Previous experience in conducting HITRUST CSF and SOC audits strongly preferred
- ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) preferred
- Partner with matrixed team members to meet goals or complete tasks.
- Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
- Effective collaborator with proven process improvement skills.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with ability to manage multiple work streams
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a globally geographically dispersed team.
- Keep up-to-date on information technology and security trends, developments & best practices.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Position is full time Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm. This position is REMOTE, but based out of Lee's Summit, Missouri. All candidates within Lee's Summit, MO commuting distance are encouraged to apply as well