Thank you for your interest in a career at Regions. At Regions, we believe associates deserve more than just a job. We believe in offering performance-driven individuals a place where they can build a career --- a place to expect more opportunities. If you are focused on results, dedicated to quality, strength and integrity, and possess the drive to succeed, then we are your employer of choice.
Regions is dedicated to taking appropriate steps to safeguard and protect private and personally identifiable information you submit. The information that you submit will be collected and reviewed by associates, consultants, and vendors of Regions in order to evaluate your qualifications and experience for job opportunities and will not be used for marketing purposes, sold, or shared outside of Regions unless required by law. Such information will be stored for a set period of time. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into the careers section of the system.
At Regions, the Information Security Architect plays a pivotal role in advancing the Bank’s Information Security program’s capabilities through developing, communicating, and implementing a security architecture and secure development practices that increases the security of the Bank’s systems. This position collaborates with key stakeholders in the evaluation, development, and implementation of business projects and initiatives and works closely with other members of the Information Security (IS) team, Information Technology (IT) Enterprise Architecture, Application Development, Business Units, and stakeholders.
- Establishes a strategic security architecture vision, including standards and frameworks that are aligned with the overall business and IT strategies
- Acts as information security subject matter expert; provides advisory and consulting services to business, IT departments, and IS management
- Works closely with Enterprise Architecture and Application Development to enhance the security posture of new and existing systems
- Works to design security architecture, evaluate risk posed to the organization from, and ultimately approve the implementation of systems and applications into the environment
- Assesses the state of the information security program using the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and the FFIEC Cyber Assessment Tool to identify gaps and works with appropriate stakeholders to remediate deficiencies
- Participates in the development of information security strategies, roadmaps, policies, and standards
- Ensures systems and applications are implemented with compensating controls to meet regulatory requirements (GLBA, SOX, HIPAA, FFIEC, etc.) as well as other organizational compliance (PCI) requirements
- Tracks metrics for compliance to IS standards by application and system owners
- Develops and mentors IS team members
This position is exempt from timekeeping requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act and is not eligible for overtime pay.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Eight (8) years experience in Information Security with a focus on software development, secure SDLC, or security architecture
- Experience in the design and implementation of security solutions
Skills and Competencies
- Expert level knowledge of security principles
- Ability to evaluate risk versus reward and apply in a meaningful manner to the benefit of the organization
- Ability to translate complex technical information across all levels of the organization
- In depth knowledge of security solutions, tools, methodologies, and techniques
- Thorough understanding of risks associated with virtualization and cloud based computing and the impact of those technologies on an organizations security posture
- Ability to use independent judgment to make sound, justifiable decisions and takes action to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including developing and providing effective professional presentations to various audience types including senior management and leadership
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in an effective manner
- Ability to work effectively with a team as well as independently without daily direction
- Excellent customer service skills and problem resolution