At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our website:
Our expert-level staff analyze, create, implement, and support cutting edge technologies in support of the Digital Infrastructure Services Center (DISC) contract for the United States Department of Agriculture. DISC provides critical IT infrastructure, data center services, and cloud hosting for vital federal government functions.
- Determine enterprise information assurance and security standards against NIST 800-53.
- Evaluate information assurance/security standards, policies and procedures. Collaborate on annual review and updates of these policies.
- Coordinate and document annual System Security Plan updates. This includes documenting how the respective organization implements each applicable NIST 800-53 Revision 4 control in narrative implementation statements.
- Perform investigative interviews and follow up with control owners and subject matter experts to complete the control implementation statements.
- Recommend information assurance/security solutions to support customers’ requirements.
- Identify and report control weaknesses and potential assessment failures detected during System Security Plan updates. Assist in resolution, where possible.
- Establish and satisfy information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, and regulatory demands.
- Support customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of security procedures.
- Perform analysis of security features for system architectures.
- Analyze and define security requirements for computer systems.
- Provide assistance in integration and implementation of the computer system security solution.
- Ensure that all information systems have documented controls enabling the system to maximize functionality and security.
- Demonstrate and communicate accurate weekly completion progress to client.
- Minimum 10 years experience with job related skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in relevant field.
- Professional internal/external IT control documentation experience required or government compliance / auditing.
- Working knowledge of the technical requirements of NIST-800-53 revision 4 or related business experience.
- Proficient using MS-Word and MS-Excel software, and possess strong abilities in writing technical documents.
- Skilled in planning and facilitating investigative meetings.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience applying the Risk Management Framework to Federal information systems in an enterprise federal data center.