Performs daily functions required to maintain the rules and controls for information security to protect the Bank’s information assets. Works with critical and sensitive information on a daily basis and is relied upon to maintain intended security safeguards. Works with the business to identify and manage critical data assets. Ensures proper security controls are in place to maintain ongoing security effectiveness. Understands emerging threats and responds with innovative solutions. Identifies security gaps in a multi-functional environment and partners with business leaders to implement solutions. Helps to define the Data Defense Strategy and leads its implementation with Local and National business partners.
Works under general supervision to complete the following activities:
- Designs the information securityarchitecture for technology-based business solutions by applying industry best or System standard architectural practices.
- Influences, establishes, and prioritizes the direction of District and System IT initiatives to provide the necessary information securityinfrastructure to achieve customer initiatives.
- Researches and develops information security solutions based on emerging technologies to support information security needs and requirements.
- Reviews information security metric reports and provides recommendations on strategic direction based on report data.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of the business functions of various departments in order to recommend improved security enhancements and interpret and address security requests and concerns.
- Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
- Provides management updates on status of team projects.
- Provides Architectural inputs on organizational data protection and data loss prevention strategies.
- Owns the delivery of secure data solutions teams and being deeply involved in the data protection capability delivery.
- Works closely across multi-disciplinary teams as a domain expert in data securityarchitecture standard methodologies.
- Develops and implements a secure data strategy in conjunction with enterprise architecture to meet District/System demands.
- Drives continuous integration and deployment of data security solutions.
- Creates data security roadmaps in cooperation to achieve both short-and-long-term complex business requirements.
- Serves as liaison to data teams in Security and IT, supporting technology architecture, security advisement and securityaudit teams.
- Provides inputs to the SDLC process as well as the data propagation strategies and methods across the development tiers.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with specialization in an information technology field, or equivalent combination of experience, education, or certification preferred.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification or master’s degree in Information Security and Assurance from an accredited college or university required.
- A minimum of seven years of securityarchitectureexperience in a large, highly regulated enterprise.
- Ability to build secure architecture patterns and provide prescriptive guidance on how to secure the data while at rest and in transit for both on premises and public cloud systems.
- Knowledge of information security standards and controls (e.g., NIST, ISO 27001/27002 etc.), rules and regulations related to information security and data confidentiality and desktop, server, application, database, networksecurity principles for risk identification and analysis.
- Knowledge of information management lifecycle concepts (e.g. creation, usage, retention, deletion).
- Knowledge and experiences with data protection concepts such as encryption, obfuscation, entitlement, access controls, user management, user and application authentication and authorization, security monitoring, and others.
- Demonstrated experience implementing tools and systems for enterprise-level DLP, DAM, Encryption/Tokenization, and Data Discovery.
- Ability to differentiate on applicability of encryption, tokenization, masking, and other data security controls.
- Understanding of capabilities for databasesecurity products, and experience with enterprise deployment of those technologies.
- Proven knowledge and experiences on how databases interact with applications, infrastructure, and network.
- Demonstrated experience on data security with experience designing or administering relational database.
- Keeps abreast of adversary tactics, techniques and procedures, intelligence reporting and Industry security strategy to enable the practical application of security solutions to information security challenges.
- Familiarity with and experience implementing technical solutions to address data privacy issues.
- Experience in DevSecOps concepts and automation.
- Experience with Mainframe, ETL, Hadoop, RDBMS and/or Data Analytics.
- Works individually and in a team environment.
- Multitasks and uses time efficiently to meet project deadlines.