Information Security Analyst - Risk Assessment and Incident Response
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Information Security Analyst reports to the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) leader and is responsible for supporting Risk Assessment and Incident Response activities of the Information Security Office.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct information securityrisk assessments of FMCNA internal and/or third-party IT environments to evaluate the implementation of security controls to protect FMCNA patient, employee or confidential information.
- Work with security leadership and stakeholders to identify remediation strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address risks identified in the risk assessment process.
- Assist the GRC leader in producing information securityrisk assessment reports for the senior leadership and other stakeholders that identify security gaps and propose remediation plans.
- Work with the ISO Program Management Office to produce status reports of progress on remediation efforts for information security gaps identified during the risk assessment process.
- Utilize incident response use-case workflows to follow established and repeatable processes for triaging and escalating security incidents.
- Follow established incident response procedures to ensure proper escalation, analysis and resolution of security incidents.
- Build/update incident response play books for events.
- Work with FMCNA information security Program Management Office to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
- Effectively communicate investigative findings and strategy to stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel.
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences.
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in advanced persistent threats; tools, techniques, and procedures of attackers, forensics and incident response.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- US Citizenship is mandatory for this role
- 3- 5 plus years’ experience in a hands-on technical role of network forensic analyst, malware analyst, incident responder or similar.
- Thorough understanding of enterprise security controls in Active Directory / Windows environments.
- Working knowledge of security frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST, NIST, ISO or other industry standards.
- Certification (or ability to obtain certification) in at least one of the following areas: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manger (CISM) is preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of packet flow, TCP/UDP traffic, firewall technologies, IDS technologies, proxy technologies, and antivirus, spam and spyware solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of audiences
- Ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner, as well as to set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members.
Job ID 18000CPS