Ally Invest is looking for a Junior Level Information Security Administrator with a strong background in general information security, web site assessment and anti-virus/malware protection strategies to join our Information Security team architecting, building and supporting Information security initiatives, policies and practices. The ideal candidate should have strong technical and analytical skills with a passion for technology and the insight for building tools and services that assist in the secure operation of the Ally Invest Enterprise.
The engineer will have the opportunity to contribute to our security projects at all levels; working on ideas and concepts with the business, designing technical solutions, authoring and reviewing policies and procedures, deploying solutions and assisting with operation in production. The position is located in Charlotte, NC and performs the following functions:
- Work closely with stakeholders to develop ideas and identify best-fit solutions to meet Ally Invest security needs.
- Assess and improve the security of all Ally Invest systems.
- Produce technical specifications for projects.
- Perform hands-on investigative work in the areas of incident response, virus/malware infection and policy violation.
- Ensure a high-quality standard is maintained in all aspects of information security delivery.
- Serve as a technical contributor and security advocate within the organization
- Support our current securityarchitecture and applications in production.
- Maintain the Ally Invest Anti-virus/HIPS platform.
- Assist internal audit with the timely review of authentication systems and applications.
- Interface with vendors or providers for escalated support and advanced product knowledge.
- College degree BS in Computer Science or Engineering plus 6+ years of network engineering experience.
- 2+ years of progressive experience in the security industry is required.
- 1+ years' experience with current knowledge of security best practices (NIST 800 53 and/or ISO 27001-2013).
- 1 + years demonstrated expertise in various technologies, including an understanding of application development languages and packages and expertise around client/server and Web technologies.
- Demonstrated expertise in security (firewalls/encryption products), Web servers, browsers, and various third-party utilities.
- Solid knowledge of all aspects of information security and supporting technologies, including architecture in an enterprise environment.
- Strong knowledge of the Sophos Endpoint Security framework.
- The ability to employ security tools for a variety of tasks (i.e. forensic analysis, vulnerability management, event correlation and intrusion prevention).
- Ability to work with Microsoft, Linux and BSD based operating systems.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP and all sub protocols.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze project needs and determine proper controls to meet objectives and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and with a team to handle all issues while working under time constraints.
- Employee is responsible for maintaining her/his compliance with all applicable regulatory and Firms policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment and exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice and strict deadlines.
- Able to handle multi-tasks and high-priority issues simultaneously.
- Detail and results oriented and able to prioritize tasks in a multi-tasks environment.
- Knowledge of or experience working in financial services and/or other regulated environments would be an asset.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digitalfinancial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digitalwealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally's Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of our industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions, as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management