The IT Assurance Lead Analyst role is responsible for assisting critical security reviews of information systems for HIPAA compliance. This role will work closely with Information System Experts, Infrastructure, Development and Project Management teams, and ensure continued process improvements.
The position is in the Global Security Assurance Team (GSAT), in the Cigna Information Protection (CIP) department. CIP is responsible for managing information security, including securityrisk management, for the organization. The GSAT team is responsible for security assurance-related activities associated to Cigna's government, commercial and international lines of business.
- Assist in the performance of HIPAA-based assessments of internal and external systems.
- Identifies weaknesses in internal controls and opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Researches consultative advice to information security customers that enables them to make informed risk management decisions.
- Assists project teams in the implementation of security measures to meet corporate security policies and external regulations.
- Weigh business needs against security concerns and articulate issues and options to management.
- Assists in updates to appropriate security documentation for applications and systems.
- Ensures that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
- Communicates findings to stakeholders.
- At least 3 years of IT experience with a Bachelor's Degree in computer related field or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in Information Security
- Familiarity with external regulations such as HIPAA
- PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with internal/external entities and executives a must
- Effective leadership skills, demonstrated ability to coordinate people and teams to project/activity completion and the ability to work in a team environment, sharing workloads and responsibilities
- Customer service-oriented; Ability to work in a flexible environment where requirements and procedures continuously evolve
- Certification in information security and/or audit (CISA, CISSP, CISM, GIAC, or equivalent) preferred