Information Engineers / Data Integration XML Specialist
KeyLogic Systems is recruiting for Junior and Senior Information Engineers/Data Integration XML Specialist in Clarksburg, WV. This position will provide engineering support the FBI CJIS Division. Provide support for information sharing, XML, relational data bases, IEPDs, GJXDM, and NIEM. Produce Data Integration Applications from various data sources to XML data exchange specifications.
- Possess a minimum of a Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience in using Virtual Machines (VM) and Virtual Desktop Interfaces (VDI).
- Experience in using Configuration Management (CM) Tools.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining Secure File Transfer Protocols (SFTP) connections.
- Knowledge of the National Data Exchange (N-DEx) Information Exchange Package Documentation (IEPD)s and law enforcement data specifications: N-DEx Incident and Arrest, Incarceration Booking Probation and Parole.
- Experience in National Information Exchange Model (NIEM).
- Experience in using data validation tools.
- Ability to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills such as organization, working well under pressure supervised or independently. Must be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to recognize when and where problems and opportunities exist, as well as evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of potential solutions to problems.
- Ability to recognize patterns of customer needs, as well as problems and potential systemic solutions.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) support during teleconferences and meetings with Criminal Justice Agencies (CJA)s to perform data integration.
- Ability to produce technical documentation to support N-DEx integration services.
- Ability to provide engineering support to the N-DEx Program Office (PO) in the areas of: information sharing, Extensible Markup Language (XML), N-DEx IEPDs experience, and NIEM (Experience in IEPDs, and NIEM is required).
- Ability to produce Data Integration Applications from various data sources to the N-DEx XML data exchange specifications.
- Experience working with Java, .NET, Web services, XML and Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XLST).
- Ability to participate in teleconferences and meetings with both internal and external staff.
- Transform raw data from Law Enforcement Agency (LEA)s into an acceptable XML format.
- Conduct, facilitate, and develop data integration tools and applications for the N‑DEx PO and Crime Data Modernization (CDM).
- Provide development and engineering support in the areas of information sharing, XML, databases, NIEM, and Logical Entity eXchange Specifications (LEXS).
- Produce and assist with data integration services, tools and applications to facilitate information sharing.
- Provide recommendations and experience in using and/or developing various Extract Transform Load (ETL) products and other automated data integration tools.
- Provide guidance, recommendations in ETL processes.
- Recommend and implement standardization in the data integration process.
- Demonstrate expertise in various software procedural languages, programming languages, databases, transforming languages and schemas, and web services and secure file transfer protocols.
- Conduct, maintain, troubleshoot, and develop data integration services.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in software procedural languages: Procedural Language/Structured Query Language (PL/SQL) code, Transact- Structured Query Language (T-SQL) code is desired.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in programming languages: JAVA, C, C#,.NET is desired.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in databases: Oracle, Microsoft Access, My SQL, Sybase, Firefox, c-treeACE, SQL Developer, relational databases is desired.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Transforming Languages and Schemas: XML, XSLT, XML Schema Definition (XSD), Document Type Definition (DTD)s is desired.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Web Services: LEXS, Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Representational state transfer (REST) Protocols is desired.