Creates and implements a strategy for maximum discovery of SAE content and products both internally and through strategic partnerships to support SAE strategic growth plans with demonstrable year on year improvement in usage.
Establishes consistent access points, content organization, and resources to enable user-driven search in applicable discovery contexts (open web, discovery services, other organizations’ content, SAE web, SA MOBILUS™).
Refines, maintains, and updates the required robust standards framework for creating, using, abstracting, and repurposing content information (meta-data, taxonomy) on internal and external platforms.
Advances SAE’s technology areas through research and analysis to identify gaps in technology specific portfolios and/or identify emerging technologies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides leadership and successful management of all projects involving content search and discovery, including, but not limited to: browse capabilities, open web discovery, discovery service accessibility, competitor product discovery, and LMS discovery.
* Manages SAE’s browse, meta-data, and taxonomy teams to optimize and extend content discovery services on internal and external platforms in most efficient and effective means.
* Collaborates with Product Managers, IT, Marketing, Sales and other relevant teams to drive the architectural, technological, and functional road map for content discovery—ensuring alignment with SAE’s goals and objectives and accuracy / validity of discovery and taxonomy processes.
* Collaborates with internal teams to optimize browse functionality and discovery options within SAE MOBILUS™ platform. Supervises the development and maintenance of requirements for enhancing products based on customer feedback, market understanding, and business objectives. Owns the accuracy / validity of discovery and taxonomy processes.
* Fosters and maintains strategic partnerships with discovery service providers, sales partners and resellers, and SDO and OEM teams to ensure SAE’s content meta-data tagging and taxonomy guidelines adhere to industry norms.
* Manages workflows to increase discovery of SAE content; including ensuring adherence to discovery service provider meta-data requirements, collecting and reporting usage data, evaluating effectiveness of library resources and services; and exploring additional browse opportunities as identified.
* Maintains organization's browse and meta-data taxonomy effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans to enhance SAE’s market relevance and ensure adherence to industry requirements.
* Monitors trends in browse and taxonomy management including process, technology and culture to identify new methods, tools, and change management initiatives to support realization of SAE’s strategy and vision.
* Establishes metrics and measurement processes to assess the value of the browse, discovery and taxonomy processes, including leading the design and development of automated reporting solutions to support more effective decisions.
* Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; and anticipating requirements to optimize browse and taxonomy capabilities.
* Conducts system audits, analyzes website metrics, and customer behavior data to make intelligent decisions on optimizing our taxonomy navigation, upgrading technology tools, and enhancing process workflows.
*Bachelors degree Library, Information, or Data Science, Instructional Design, Analytics or related field is highly preferred. Masters preferred. Will accept related field experience in lieu of education.
* 5+ years experience in Taxonomy Development, SEO, or Discovery, including meta-data taxonomies and controlled vocabularies will accept an Associates degree with 7 years related professional experience
* Proven leadership skills and demonstrated experience supervising, guiding and mentoring teams
*Experience with design tools, analytics tools, and/or DAMS/CMS/ LMS integration
* Knowledge/expertise in the automotive/aerospace industries, preferred
*Experienceworking with Standards Development Organizations, preferred
*Experience with agile management methodologies or Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP), preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
* Strong knowledge of search and discovery techniques with demonstrated application to achieve superior results
* Solid understanding of information architecture requirements with demonstrated ability to recommend systems and search technologies
* Excellent time management, resource management and planning skills
* Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
* Exceptional oral and written communication skills rooted in clarity and factual analysis
* Passionate about website usability and the role of meta-data in improving customer experiences
* Displays original thinking, creativity, and agility; meets challenges with resourcefulness; develop innovative approaches and ideas
RESPONSIBILITY AND DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY:
* Ensures discovery of SAE content and products to support revenue growth
* Interprets and presents data to help drive product development supporting revenue growth
* Displays original thinking, creativity, and agility; meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative approaches and ideas
* Hires and trains taxonomy team and project consultants using effective leadership and management techniques; conducts require performance management
* Identifies and recognizes potential of new technologies
* Possesses strong ability to listen, clarify points and interpret into actionable recommendations
* Maintains task flexibility—able to shift direction with the demands of the business and juggle competing priorities
SAE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.